Closed Thread

Posted 16th January 2006, 07:40 PM
Oh Thank God it wasn't Tooter!

Still praying for a positive homecoming

Feather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 16th January 2006, 10:22 PM
Victor, what a time you and Bev are having, I just can't imagine being called in to pick up my pij, getting there and being told it died. Rollercoaster can't describe it better. I'm so sorry, but on the other hand, it's a blessing in disguise to know that the Zoo folks are taking this seriously and trying to help. One of these days, we're all praying for that 'right' call to come your way....

fp
Posted 16th January 2006, 11:22 PM
Victor,
Thanks be to God that the pigeon who passed wasn't Tooter.
I feel bad for the poor pigeon, but so relieved to know he wasn't Tooter.

God, Victor! To think you were being reunited wih Tooter, only to be told he had ______. I can't even bring myself to type the word in the same sentence as his name.
As Terry said, what an emotional rollercoaster!

Victor, would it be correct to say that this bird was definitely NOT the bird you spotted last week at the zoo? I remember you mentioning that that bird was missing feathers, right?

Do the employees at the zoo know the color of the pigeon who was attempting to land on the visitors?
If not, would it be possible for them to get that information from someone?
That would help in determining if that pigeon was Tooter. Honest to God, I feel in my heart & soul that the pigeon you spotted there, was Tooter.

With the possibility of Tooter choosing a life with other pigeons, Bob & I have added something to our prayers. We ask, actually, we beg Our Lord that you may (at least) see him again. If it's not meant for Tooter to live with you, knowing he is alive & well will provide everyone with peace of mind.
We continue to pray for you to be reunited with Tooter, but also ask for you to be able to see him & KNOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that you are definitely seeing your Tooter.

May God continue to give you & your family strength, & keep little Tooter in His care.

You WILL spot Tooter again, Victor. I know that God will answer all of our prayers favorably. Do not loose hope & please CONTINUE TO PRAY.

Phyll

Posted 17th January 2006, 10:22 AM

Still Reason To Believe

Good Morning To All,

Maybe the reason that little bird was so willing to comply was that he was very sick, not so much that he was a tame bird. But I don't think a sick pigeon would be trying to land on peoples heads. Could a pigeon grow back 7 possible flight feathers in a very short time?

Phyll, You know he's out there, and so do I!

Feather
Posted 17th January 2006, 10:28 AM
I agree with Feather, I think that it has been noticed before that very sick pigeons will climb on to an arm if it is offered to them. The fact that this poor baby did so doesn't mean that he was the tame pigeon that was spotted.

Cynthia
Posted 17th January 2006, 12:31 PM
Unhappy

Time to move on

Dear fellow members,

It has been a long time since December 31, 2005,when at approximately 12:55pm, a Hawk attempted to make Tooter his next meal.

It has been a long, streesful two weeks and some.

I am concentrating solely on the corner flock area where he was found on his first "adventure", and of course the zoo fence line which can be seen from the street.I will continue to make a couple of trips to these places daily for a short time more, but feel that I must move on now.

I am currently in the process of adopting "Beaksley" and "Paris the Pigeon", as it has always been my intent to acquire at least one more pigeon in need of a home.I will always have a place in my heart for my Tooter bird, and there will never be another to replace him.

As I post this with tears in my eyes, I firmly believe it is about time to let him go. Time to move on and do what is best for myself , and my family.

Many thanks and hugs to all of you for your sincere support,your encouragement and for being there with us, for your thoughts and prayers, or just your kind words. It did help...believe me it did.

TOOTERVILLE
Posted 17th January 2006, 12:45 PM
Dear Victor,

You are a wise and compassionate man. Let us hope that you end up like the couples who were unable to have children, adopted a child, and then found themselves expecting. May Tooter make you the father of triplets once Beaksley and Paris have arrived.

Terry

Posted 17th January 2006, 12:57 PM
Victor,

I gotta' warn ya'... Beaksley ain't... well, he's... just NOT your "normal" pigeon. He's part seagull and when you see him, you'll understand. Feralpigeon feeds him normal pigeon food but I could tell when I saw him that he'uz' pinin' for fish! At the time, I didn't have the heart to tell her.

Pidgey

Last edited by Pidgey; 11th May 2006 at 01:59 PM..
Posted 17th January 2006, 01:27 PM
I know how hard your decision is!

I am also very happy to hear about Beaksley and Paris! We will all be waiting to hear about your adventures! IS Beaksley really half Seagull as Pidgey claims??? LOL

One last comment about Tooter...I won't be surprised if, someday, I log in and see, "SMILE! Tooter is back!"
Posted 17th January 2006, 01:54 PM
Victor -- I know this has been a tough couple of weeks for you and your family, and you most assuredly have my thoughts, prayers and sympathies. You have an enormous heart, where Tooter shall always reside. Indeed, I think I can speak for all who have posted here that Tooter resides in all of our hearts. You have touched many of us over the past weeks with your courage, determination, dedication ... all rooted in the purest thing in this world, love.

And moving on should not mean giving up hope. With the positive energy and prayers of your many friends here, all things are possible.

May God bless and keep you and your family.
Posted 17th January 2006, 04:15 PM
Unhappy

Brave

Victor,

You are very brave - it is so hard to admit defeat. Well not defeat exactly but well as the days go by so does the hope fade a little bit by bit and you have had so many lows and a couple of "highs" that you must be exhausted with the worry of it and the searching for Tooter.

I'm glad you are getting two new pij babies and yes, Tooter will always have a place in your heart, but lets hope that he is fine and living a normal happy pigeon life and maybe one day when you are least expecting it, you'll see that little guy again either coming home or showing his dad that he could make it in the big wide world.

All the best

Tania x
Posted 17th January 2006, 05:07 PM
Smile

Remember this little fellow last spring

He showed up on my garage roof one day. He showed up everyday for about a week and I got his band # and he was from Bakersfield about 300 miles away. I never could catch him, and then one day he just quit showing up. I thought maybe he had met up with a hawk or maybe if lucky had managed to go back to his home. Then about two months later he was back, and he was the first one down from the local feral flock and appeared to have taken a leadership role - now he show up with the local flock all the time. I hope Tooter will show up one of these days with his gang and say hi.

NAB :-)
Posted 17th January 2006, 05:31 PM
Hi Victor,

You and your family have been thru a couple of very stressful, heartwrenching weeks, I'm glad you were able to make the decision to move on and focus on two new additions, Beaksley and Paris!

Moving on is fine, it doesn't mean we will ever give up on Tooter, it just means we are changing our focus, for your good and the good of your family.
Tooter is going to have a bigger family waiting should he decide to return.

My thoughts and prayers are still with you.

Please let us know when the "new kids" fly into town.

Posted 17th January 2006, 05:33 PM
Victor,

I am still Praying everyday for you and Tooter to be reunited, even if it is for a short time! At least, long enough for you and your family to know, he is happy and is ok! I believe someday that will happen and you will know!

Good luck with your new pidgys, especially the one thats half seagull! Hope you stocked up on some fish! Lol!

Denise
Posted 17th January 2006, 06:28 PM
Well you know Victor, I understand where you're coming from. It perhaps is time to move on. You now have two new friends coming into your life who need your attention and love. If Tooter should ever show up again, I hope you'll let us know and that it will be good news about him.

I loved that bird even if it wasn't mine.
Closed Thread

Tags
animal shelter, baby pigeon, collared dove, fancy pigeons, feral flock, feral pigeon, flight feathers, hawk attack, homing instinct, humane society, injured bird, injured birds, local feed store, male pigeon, pet pigeon, pigeon feed, pigeon food, pigeon friendly, pigeon loft, sick pigeon, sick pigeons, white dove, white feathers, white pigeon