Tooter Is Missing In Action - Page 17 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > Pet Pigeons And Doves

Closed Thread

Posted 2nd September 2006, 05:58 PM
The zoo here has a very,very big avery with hundereds of birds and it takes a very long time to walk in it. It has large trees and very pretty.

Posted 2nd September 2006, 06:18 PM
I've been to several places with walk-through aviaries - they are so neat!
Posted 2nd September 2006, 06:59 PM
Sounds like a wonderful place.
Tooter must love you very much to give it up and come back home.

Reti

Posted 3rd September 2006, 08:01 AM
Victor, got a chance to check out the zoo link. That is a great place. I am particularly charmed by the orangutans.
Posted 25th March 2007, 09:16 PM
I am so sorry. I feel so much love for my guys, and know what it like to lose one. Give it a little more time. If he his hurt he may have to get better before coming home. Put up notices with the local vet, and rescue places as well as nearby gas stations and feed stores. Sending you prayers, Boni
Posted 25th March 2007, 09:38 PM
Hi Boni Bird and Thanks for your kind words, but Tooter is safe and sound at home with us right now. He was gone and left for dead by me until one day after being gone for seven and one half months, he came back to us.

To briefly re-cap what transpired last July, I was outdoors feeding the outdoor squirrels(without my glasses) and I heard and saw a couple of pigeons on the roof area. I mentioned to my wife Bev that we had a couple of pigeon visitors on the side of the house.

While I was searching for my glasses, she went out, and I heard her yelling, "Victor it's Tooter!" I went out, not believing it could be him, as I left him for dead. I saw this pigeon that sounded like Tooter...pranced around like Tooter....and looked like Tooter. I climbed on my extension ladder and offered him my arm. He hooped on my arm right away. Bev began crying, and I recall her telling me as she cried, "Honey! it's him...Tooter has come back!"

Tooter is safe and home with us and our 7 other pigeons. Right now he is safe and sound sleeping in his coop with the others.

Welcome to pigeon Talk by the way!

TOOTERVILLE

Last edited by Victor; 14th July 2007 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: spelling correction
Posted 26th March 2007, 06:23 AM
Hi Victor,

Even knowing the full story your account of Tooter's return brought tears to my eyes.

Cynthia
Posted 26th March 2007, 08:11 AM
Cynthia, it affects me the same way. I saw this thread this morning and my heart jumped into my throat thinking something had happened to Tooter. I am so glad he's snoozing away with his pals, all safe and sound.
Posted 26th March 2007, 09:31 AM
Bless your hearts Cynthia and Maggie. I should post one more good picture of Tooter (after I clean out my pictures) and request that a moderator close this. I hate to think of anyone of my pigeon colleagues having an anxiety attack!

TOOTERVILLE
Posted 26th March 2007, 09:45 AM
Good idea, Victor! Especially since statistics for my age group would indicate a heart attack in addition to an anxiety attack!

And I would certainly MISS being around the site to add a little humor and spice whenever...

LOVE, HUGS and SCRITCHES to ALL, Mr. Victor!
Posted 26th March 2007, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Bless your hearts Cynthia and Maggie. I should post one more good picture of Tooter (after I clean out my pictures) and request that a moderator close this. I hate to think of anyone of my pigeon colleagues having an anxiety attack!
I was just going to suggest you close this thread. I too almost had heart failure this morning at 5:30 when I saw that VICTOR had posted to this thread. I almost was afraid to read it...........So, I think closing it is a good idea before we loose a beloved member of our forum over nothing........
I AM however glad everything is A-OK with Tooter..........
Posted 26th March 2007, 11:34 AM
I'm glad I had an e-mail letting me know the thread was ressurected by a new member. Whew!

Victor, Let me know when you want this thread closed.

Posted 1st May 2007, 06:44 PM
I have to say. Tooter is VERY handsome. What a stud!
Posted 15th July 2007, 12:30 AM

July 13th Our Lucky Day

This marks the anniversary that Tooter returned home to his family after a long seven and a half months away on his journey.

Here is a picture of him in his flight pen.

It is hard to believe that it has been a year now. A word of encouragement to those of you who have lost a beloved pigeon, please don't give up. Good things do happen.

I still tell him almost every day, "Welcome home Tooter!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tooter in pen.jpg (99.7 KB, 256 views)

TOOTERVILLE

Last edited by Victor; 15th July 2007 at 12:38 AM..
Posted 15th July 2007, 12:59 AM
Tooter's return keeps hope alive and well in my heart and is a constant remineder that miracles do happen and when we least expect them
Seeing Tooter in his flight pen make me grim from ear to ear and warms my heart! Indeed, Welcome Home Tooter

Tags
animal shelter, baby pigeon, collared dove, fancy pigeons, feral flock, feral pigeon, flight feathers, hawk attack, homing instinct, humane society, injured bird, injured birds, local feed store, male pigeon, pet pigeon, pigeon feed, pigeon food, pigeon friendly, pigeon loft, sick pigeon, sick pigeons, white dove, white feathers, white pigeon