Tooter Is Missing In Action - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > Pet Pigeons And Doves

Closed Thread

Posted 3rd January 2006, 02:32 PM
OMG! Victor, I am so very sorry! At least He got away, so there is a good chance he is scared and hiding. I would put up posters, incase someone has seen him! Print them out on your PC and make many copy's, put them in mailboxes, grocery stores and on street corners! Try to remember it was not your fault.

I will be Praying for Tooter's return,

Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 3rd January 2006, 03:02 PM
Victor -- You have my thoughts and prayers. What a fighter Tooter is to break away from the hawk.
Posted 3rd January 2006, 03:17 PM
This is such a tragedy Victor. I'm so sorry.

Tooter:
You are lost and looking for your home,
Not for a minute, are you alone.

Please don't be scared, you will be OK,
There are many pigeon angels, looking your way.

Cindy

http://www.pigeonangels.com

As we fly,
Let us be safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Let us find safety where we are welcome to stay.

Cynthia Boyce

Posted 3rd January 2006, 04:05 PM
Victor, I'm so sorry about Tooter and you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.
He is such a part of the Pigeon Talk family and I know you must be beside yourself in grief.

fp
Posted 3rd January 2006, 04:42 PM

Thank you everyone

My Dear fellow Pigeon Talk members,

I walked many blocks and drove many miles.I called his name and saw many pigeons.I forgot how many pigeons and birds are out there.It is a big world out there. I am home now, no Tooter, but I am glad we at least tried. I'm cold, and tired. Tomorrow is another day. We will do it again.

It was so very comforting to come home and read all of your wonderful comments and words of encouragement.Thank you for your support and prayers.
Posted 3rd January 2006, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
My Dear fellow Pigeon Talk members,

I walked many blocks and drove many miles.I called his name and saw many pigeons.I forgot how many pigeons and birds are out there.It is a big world out there. I am home now, no Tooter, but I am glad we at least tried. I'm cold, and tired. Tomorrow is another day. We will do it again.

It was so very comforting to come home and read all of your wonderful comments and words of encouragement.Thank you for your support and prayers.
i'm sorry you couldn't find your loved pet

but i hope hesa safe and will return
Posted 3rd January 2006, 06:39 PM
I'm so sorry your Tooter has gone missing Victor, I can only imagine the heartbreak you're going through. You and Tooter are going to get all the postitve enegry and prayers we can muster in hopes of his safe and quick return.
All our best,
Posted 3rd January 2006, 06:44 PM
Oh, Victor, I am so sorry that this happened to Tooter.
Thankfully, he was able to escape the hawk.
Tooter's a great little bird & he will do his best to return to you.
Bob & I already prayed for him, & will continue to pray.
Victor, if you have mail delivered to your house, tell your mailperson about Tooter. Ask them to spread the word to all the deliverers. On their rounds, they may see Tooter & they will know who to call.
As Denise suggested, print all the flyers you can & get them posted. Offer a reward.
Get the word out to as many school children as possible.
Victor, know that you, your family & Tooter will be in my thoughts & prayers. Although it's hard, please try to keep positive & continue to pray.

Cindy, that was beautiful.

Phyll
Posted 3rd January 2006, 07:06 PM
All my prayers are with you and Tooter.
I can'y even tell you how sorry I am. I just hope and pray he can find his way back home.

Reti
Posted 3rd January 2006, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyro51
What a nightmare, Victor!

He was well enough to fly off so there is a chance that he just got lost, particularly if he doesn't know how to home to your place.

Don't give up hope just yet. Yong saw her Driveway carried off by a hawk but she made it back home. Keep looking and praying.

Cynthia
I am hoping by the time I get to the end of the thread there will be good news that Tooter is back. I'm really encouraged that he tangled and got away. He must have great survivor skills to do that.

Could you tell us Yong's story for inspiration Cynthia?

Shoshana
Posted 3rd January 2006, 08:06 PM

Great Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll
Oh, Victor, I am so sorry that this happened to Tooter.
Thankfully, he was able to escape the hawk.
Tooter's a great little bird & he will do his best to return to you.
Bob & I already prayed for him, & will continue to pray.
Victor, if you have mail delivered to your house, tell your mailperson about Tooter. Ask them to spread the word to all the deliverers. On their rounds, they may see Tooter & they will know who to call.
As Denise suggested, print all the flyers you can & get them posted. Offer a reward.
Get the word out to as many school children as possible.
Victor, know that you, your family & Tooter will be in my thoughts & prayers. Although it's hard, please try to keep positive & continue to pray.

Cindy, that was beautiful.

Phyll
I'm so impressed at the outpouring of love and support for you and Tooter. This is a lovely family. I also think the suggestions about flyers, mailmen, kids sound promising. I hope like crazy you find Tooter. He's lucky to have such a dedicated Dad.
Posted 3rd January 2006, 08:11 PM
Victor, I am so sorry to hear of this horrifying attack on Tooter! He was strong enough to fly off, so I hope your search has a positive outcome!
Posted 3rd January 2006, 10:13 PM
Victor, This is my first post. I've been quietly reading and gleaning information from these wonderful forums since last April, when I found my little Jimmy. Even though I have never shared my story with anyone here, I have read enough of your adventures with Tooter that I can't begin to convey how heart sick I feel for what has recently happened to him and to you. Please know that I have also prayed for your Tooters safe return home. Jan
Posted 3rd January 2006, 11:10 PM
Hi Victor,
This is totally devastating news, when I read this thread I got a sickening feeling in my stomach and was in disbelief.
I recall your story of Tooter escaping many months ago was one of the first I read here at PigeonTalk, and through your posts and pics I too have grown very close to little Tooter and hope for his safe return.
Both yourself and Tooter are an integral part of the whole PigeonTalk Family. I am sending you positive energy to assist in finding him.
Please keep us updated on any news.
Kindest Regards
Alaska
Posted 4th January 2006, 05:34 AM
Hi Victor,

I share with the others my sorrow at what has happened to Tooter Please don't blame yourself because you've given Tooter such a happy, carefree life like he should have.

Hopefully he will return in the coming days. A positive aspect with this is that he knows what your house looks like from the outside because you let him free fly and explore his surroundings. He is familiar with his cage and things outside so his homing instinct will guide him home if he's able.

Take care and I'm very sorry to learn of this heartbreaking news
Closed Thread

Tags
animal shelter, baby pigeon, collared dove, fancy pigeons, feral flock, feral pigeon, flight feathers, hawk attack, homing instinct, humane society, injured bird, injured birds, local feed store, male pigeon, pet pigeon, pigeon feed, pigeon food, pigeon friendly, pigeon loft, sick pigeon, sick pigeons, white dove, white feathers, white pigeon