Tooter Is Missing In Action - Page 6 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > Pet Pigeons And Doves

Closed Thread

Posted 8th January 2006, 12:21 AM

Thank you

I would like to commend everyone on this forum for being so kind and understanding since Victor lost his Tooter. After he lost him, he decided he was not going to tell anyone here about what happend, at least for a week.

I encouraged him to post what happened, and I think it has helped him cope with his loss.It has been hard on him.I am glad that he did.

Everyone here is so understanding and helpful. I belong to other forums and will tell you that this is one has the nicest group of people that I have ever seen. I have noticed that when a person has a question, people jump in to help.

Thank you for being a great group of people. Thank you for helping Victor thru this.

Bev

Last edited by bevslape; 8th January 2006 at 12:24 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 8th January 2006, 02:11 AM
Victor,
Well, first off, Tooter was a feral, with all survival instincts intact. As frightened as he sounded after his encounter, those instincts kicked in, full force. If he had been severely injured, I don't think he'd have flown that strongly. Second, he was healthy and strong, due to your love and care. I'm willing to bet Ole Tooter is out there somewhere, live and kicking, has either hooked up with a feral bunch and thinks he's where he belongs, or he's found another person, who is not his Dad, but is kind and loving, also.
Daryl
Posted 8th January 2006, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevslape
Everyone here is so understanding and helpful. I belong to other forums and will tell you that this is one has the nicest group of people that I have ever seen. I have noticed that when a person has a question, people jump in to help.
Bev

Hi Bev,

We all think of Tooter as our very own and can relate because we have our own pet pigeons and therefore understand the bond. We have gotten to know Tooter thru the eyes of Victor and we love him too!

I know you have done everything in your power to bring Tooter home, and that is all you can do. We are here for you anytime you need us.

We are sending a collective BIG GROUP HUG to you and Victor, and we are still hopeful and positive of Tooters surviving the ordeal and has found a temporary family as Daryl has mentioned.

My continuing thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Posted 8th January 2006, 07:33 AM
Bev, you, Victor, and Tooter remain in my thoughts and prayers. I know how much it means to get kind of a "group hug" because when we lost our Feisty last fall, this group of people helped me through it. All the comments and prayers helped give Feisty's life a meaning or importance that he so deserved. All too many times, our precious pigeons are dismissed as vermin, but those of us who love them know that is not so. Tooter's life is important to all of us. We all have grown to love the little guy and are still hopeful for his safe return.

You guys hang in there.

Maggie
Posted 8th January 2006, 01:35 PM
NO ONE is ready to give up on Tooter! Hang in there Bev and Victor!

The whole site is with you...sometimes GREAT things happen when you LEAST expect them...

"THINK" Tooter returning with an expression saying, "Wow, that was some experience! Not fun! Where's my seed?"
Posted 8th January 2006, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr squeaks
NO ONE is ready to give up on Tooter! Hang in there Bev and Victor!

The whole site is with you...sometimes GREAT things happen when you LEAST expect them...

"THINK" Tooter returning with an expression saying, "Wow, that was some experience! Not fun! Where's my seed?"
Again, thank you Treesa, Maggie,Daryl, and "Mr.Squeaks" your words are so comforting. I am glad I took Bev's advice about posting...sharing my sadness...my loss.

"Mr.Squeaks" this site is so uplifting with members such as you with your sense of humor. I could not help but smile at your closing comment. That would be Tooter too, I can vision him doing that in my mind when I close my eyes.

Staying postive still...

TOOTERVILLE
Posted 8th January 2006, 09:31 PM
Victor,

I TRULY hope you get lucky....got all my fingers and toes crossed.

Linda
Posted 9th January 2006, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
Staying postive still...
Good for you, Victor!
I "ain't" giving up on Tooter either.
Bob & I continue to pray for him every single day.
We prayed for him tonight at Mass.
Tooter is gone, but I believe that he's still alive. If I didn't, I wouldn't say it.

Everyone, PLEASE continue your prayers for Tooter.

Phyll
Posted 9th January 2006, 06:43 AM
Hi Victor and Bev,

Haven't been posting much lately, but you folks and Tooter have been on my mind and in my prayers that Tooter will find his way back home safely and soon.
I think you're covering all your bases, where he was originally picked up at, the larger area w/flyers & by word, and around your home. I know this is all very difficult for you both but just want to say, "Hang in there" and know that everyone here is hoping and praying for Tooter's safe return.

fp
Posted 9th January 2006, 02:17 PM

No one is giving up on Tooter

Bev, Victor and all of Tooters fans,

The first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do in the evening is check this web site. Won't it be nice when we can put tracking devices on their little bands. Especially on the ones we love so much. Last night I took a trip to Omaha Nebraska. I went southeast to see it from a birds eye view. I don't know what I expected to see. Maybe Tooter sending up flairs. But if you haven't tried Google Earth hear is the web address. I just downloaded the free version. (http://earth.google.com) Then we could get on this site track our little friends and go pick them up. Or how about use some sort of hawk repellent. Their has to be something we can do. Come on Pidgey, Phyll, and Phil from Las Vegas, you guys are extreamly intelligent and compassionate.
If anyone comes up with something, it will be one of you.

Feather
Posted 9th January 2006, 02:40 PM
Praying for Tooter everyday! I talked to Squidget about Tooter, hopefully he is sending some good Pigeon vibes!

Bless You,
Denise
Posted 9th January 2006, 08:10 PM

First time I've seen this - we're praying for Tooter

Hang in there Victor - stay positive, G2 & G3 have been told and we are giving it our best prayers. This is terrible - Tooter is almost like a friend of the family to us.

NAB :-(
Posted 9th January 2006, 09:35 PM
ohh that must of been scary
Posted 10th January 2006, 01:25 AM
Victor & Bev,
I think it would be a good idea for you to list Tooter on some (as many as possible) of the internet sites for lost pets.
I just checked one site & there were many listings for "found" pigeons.

If I were you, in addition to Nebraska, I would also list Tooter under the surrounding states ~ especially Iowa.
Google "lost birds" (without the quotes) & many sites, such as, birdhotline.com will appear. Get Tooter onto those sites. Some good soul may have been checking those listings every day.

I'm sorry I don't know Tooter's exact description, or I would have listed him for you right now.

Still praying, a LOT.

Phyll
Posted 10th January 2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Phyll,

I took your advice, typed in the Google search...Lost Birds, and it took me to Birdfinders where I posted a lost pigeon report.I have nothing to loose, but a lot if someone does look there and I did not post.

Tooter is very much male! He has a light grey tummy, darker grey feathers with some black markings and a white cere. His eyes are red and so are his feet. He has "hairy" legs by the way.His feathers go down around his top feet.
His neck is irrecandecesent purple and green. He is a beauty for a feral. He is very strong as he has survived 2 BB wounds, and a recent Hawk attack.He has a bond with male humans mainly for some odd reason.

I have always admired pigeons from a distance since I was a little Victor,and never dreamed of having one. He has taught me and my boys so much,one of which is love that can be demonstrated from a pigeon to a human being.

I remember the bath-showers he enjoyed when I would water my plants.He was such a show-off.

I remember the bike rides he would take with me, riding on my shoulder or back. If he lost his grip he would catch up with me and hang on better.

There were the times, he would bring me a peace offering...a small twig.I would reach up with my mouth and take it from him,and then he would nibble, a kiss, if you may, my hand from where he was perched.

The family outings,working in the yard, the bike rides...the memories with my Tooter.Oh how I miss the little guy.

Bev asked me a couple of days ago if I was going to get another pigeon. "I don't know" is what I responded.Right now I am concentrating and hoping that Toots will return.I don't know what the future will hold. Wow, isn't that the truth?

TOOTERVILLE
Closed Thread

Tags
animal shelter, baby pigeon, collared dove, fancy pigeons, feral flock, feral pigeon, flight feathers, hawk attack, homing instinct, humane society, injured bird, injured birds, local feed store, male pigeon, pet pigeon, pigeon feed, pigeon food, pigeon friendly, pigeon loft, sick pigeon, sick pigeons, white dove, white feathers, white pigeon