Suz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 12th January 2006, 02:19 PM

Tooters' Universal Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonmama
Hey,
Tooter's not the only member of the Slape family we all love !!!
Daryl
My sentiments exactly!

There is a profound force accessing this web-site. The closest word that I have to describe it..... is LOVE.

In the Beginning of last month, on my new computer and not to savy, I held a mangled little pigeon that I was just told to bring in by the vets office to put to sleep. Desperate, I knew that if you typed www.anything.com that u could usually access anything. So I typed in pigeons. I was actually surprised when my desktop turned aqua and through tears I saw pigeons.

Beside the fact that this site provided me the vital information that I needed to save my Cinderella. There was this force pulling me in, telling me I belong here. I read all night. I fell in love with all of you and your birds. I put my head down in my arms and cried out loud. I cried for my pigeon, I cried for joy, I cried for Unie, George, Izzy, and I cried because I could feel the love you had for one another. I do not yet have anything to offer, I still have so much to learn. But I know one thing, and that is that you are my new family, and I am home.

Feather
Posted 12th January 2006, 02:38 PM

I hope it's Tooter

I am sitting here crying after reading the above post. You are all so nice and show your love not only for our feathered friends but humans as well. I pray it's Tooter and that he is home soon safe.

Andi

Posted 12th January 2006, 04:16 PM
Ditto That Andi.....Feather, That was Beautifully said...God Bless You All !!! Jan

Last edited by Jimmy Jo; 12th January 2006 at 05:55 PM..
Posted 12th January 2006, 05:57 PM
This website was a great find for me. At last, there are others who love pigeons and are not afraid to admit it! Pigeons always get the lowest reputation so I was surprised there was a site out there that wanted to talk about the positive aspects of pigeons. You can't know how alone I felt before about loving these creatures until I found this site. The people here are wonderful.

I'm still praying for Tooter's safe return and so is my feral flock.
Posted 12th January 2006, 05:58 PM
Feather...wow, that was very impacting.

You know everyone, if Tooter does not return to our family, it will be a great loss, but you know, there sure has been a whole lot of positive energy inputed into this thread at Pigeon~Talk,positive impulses from PEOPLE WHO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND PIGEONS.

My wife Bev, and you folks have been such a tremendous force to keep me going.

I am at work currently, and took a peek at the site. I will post later on my break with up-dated findings on his sightings when time permits.

TOOTERVILLE
Posted 12th January 2006, 07:27 PM

All the tremendous

outpouring of feelings and love from the members to Victor, Bev and Tooter, strongly bring to mind the song "Circle of Life" from The Lion King.

I remember when I first heard the song sung at the beginning of the movie during a preview, I started to cry and goose bumps broke out all over. Every time I heard the song from then on, I had the same reaction. No other song has more impact on me than that one. The words seem to sum up this thread beautifully.

Here's to Tooter's safe return home!
Posted 12th January 2006, 07:42 PM
Feather,
What a beautiful & touching post.
I understand your feelings. I've been a member for almost 2 years, & continue to be amazed by everyone else's knowledge.
Your love, caring & concern for pigeons is all that's needed to be welcome here. Good thing for me!
I thank God that you were able to save little
Cinderella.
May God bless you both.

Phyll
Posted 12th January 2006, 08:00 PM

Sighting up~date

My dear pigeon talk friends~

This morning I drove to the fence line and peeked inside the petting zoo barn/pigeon loft and saw no Tooter. I went iside the facility and purchased a zoo membership for 2006 and took the long walk to the petting zoo. When I reached viewing range I started my pigeon observation. There were a lot of white pigeons, a blue bar and anoher pigeon with mostly black markings. After many minutes, I saw a grey color pigeon fly down, but he was on the other side, near the pigeon hole. I walked into the pen and called his name.

One of the zoo keepers came by and I asked the young lady if she has by chance had a grey feral pigeon land on her head. She said that she was ill for a couple of days, but "George" told her that a tame pigeon was trying to land on peoples heads a couple of days ago. I showed her a picture of Tooter and she took me inside the food prep area where I met Sara, another young lady that is assigned to the "barn". She recalled the incident, and posted the picture on their bulletin board. I told them about Tooter and how I was 99% certain I saw him on Wednesday just before dusk, and how he seemed to respond to my voice, and how I was concealed from the pine tree lineoutside the fence.

They seemed interested in reunited me with Tooter.I gave them some tips on how to get him to respond to "Arm Tooter! Arm Tooter!" and how to extend an arm out. Sara said, that he just seemed to be responding to people being around in general. They knew it had to be a lost pet. The zoo patrons seemed to enjoy the show!

They promised me they would tell the pm shift about him and they would call the second a pigeon tries to land on someones head. They also asked me to let them know if I find him or he finds his way home.

I sat on a rock for an hour and just enjoyed the barn animals and the pigeons .

Tomorrow I will return to the Zoo and continue my search.I will think of "The Circle of Life" Mr.Squeaks.

TOOTERVILLE
Posted 12th January 2006, 08:38 PM
Oh, Victor....You and Bev must be so Excited ! Tooter's sure writin' himself a good story this time !!!.... Come on Tooter, git yerself home so yer Daddy can finish this last chapter with a Happy Ending ! Jan
Posted 12th January 2006, 08:44 PM

Would there be ANY

possibility that if the pigeon IS Tooter and he lands on someone that he could be GENTLY caught and confined until you could pick him up????

Sure SOUNDS like Tooter!
Posted 12th January 2006, 09:01 PM
Victor,
Surely, that bird is good ole Tooter. What a relief to know that he's alive & doing well. Having him in close proximity to your home is a blessing.
This is very good news & very encouraging.
Tooter will fly to you, Victor. Your presence at the zoo will bring Tooter home, just be patient.

Phyll
Posted 12th January 2006, 10:31 PM
That is so encouraging Victor!

I check this thread out every morning when I get up and as often as I can during the day....as I am certain most of our members do.

Cynthia
Posted 12th January 2006, 11:21 PM
Hi Victor,
This is fantastic news that you may have sited Tooter, and especially that a 'tame' pigeon has been coming around landing on peoples heads...this HAS to be Tooter...surely!!
I continue to send you positive vibes and hope that this infact is Tooter and that he comes home to you safely very soon.
What a scare this has been and what a story this will be to tell if indeed Tooter is there and comes back to you.
I too recommend you being at the zoo as much as possible so that Tooter will see you and return to your arm.
Come on Tooter and come home!!!! Arm Tooter!! Arm!!!
Regards
Alaska
Posted 12th January 2006, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr squeaks
possibility that if the pigeon IS Tooter and he lands on someone that he could be GENTLY caught and confined until you could pick him up????

Sure SOUNDS like Tooter!
That possibility was not discussed, other than they mentioned that they had ways of catching if they had to.I will ask the petting zoo staff to please try and do that for us.Thanks!

TOOTERVILLE
Closed Thread

Tags
animal shelter, baby pigeon, collared dove, fancy pigeons, feral flock, feral pigeon, flight feathers, hawk attack, homing instinct, humane society, injured bird, injured birds, local feed store, male pigeon, pet pigeon, pigeon feed, pigeon food, pigeon friendly, pigeon loft, sick pigeon, sick pigeons, white dove, white feathers, white pigeon