Tooterville spending Nebraska winter inside - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > Pet Pigeons And Doves

Posted 10th November 2018, 01:28 PM
With the remodel of the Tooterville coop we decided to just keep our crew upstairs since we have no one living there this year. I think they adjusted well and have a great outdoor view. Oh, we still make sure they get flight time in their aviary on decent days. To the right is Tooter,, middle Rosco. And Clayton. In back is Millard and Beaksley.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181110_141841_1541881415766.jpg (3.40 MB, 34 views)

TOOTERVILLE

Last edited by Victor; 10th November 2018 at 04:50 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 10th November 2018, 04:06 PM
We use a room upstairs for birds that need to be inside for a while, or to quarantine new birds. Handy having an upstairs for that, isn't it?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 10th November 2018, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
We use a room upstairs for birds that need to be inside for a while, or to quarantine new birds. Handy having an upstairs for that, isn't it?
yes indeed!

TOOTERVILLE

Posted 10th November 2018, 07:49 PM
Lovely birds! Blue checked are my favorite. Glad they have a place to keep warm. Our spoiled birds have an oil filled heater and we just live in Central Coast CA ( 35-40 at night).
Posted 11th November 2018, 09:51 AM
Nice birds Victor! Im just curious. Im from a small town called Lexington in Mid-Nebraska. What part is Totterville located? I never heard of it before.
Posted 30th March 2019, 05:41 PM
Is Tooter still with you Victor? My God, if it is still alive! It's been quite awhile since I've been on this forum. My pet pigeon Maggie died - I don't know if you remember her. Had her a long time since I found her. She was unreleasable because her wing never healed. Best pet I ever had though.

I now found another injured pigeon - a squeaker. Named her Aggie. Right now she's doing fine. Something had attacked her and left her wing damaged and some feathers pulled out around one eye. It didn't kill her off but she couldn't fly when I found her so I took her in.

I can't believe Tooter's still alive!
Posted 31st March 2019, 12:09 AM
Is this the same Gary from the old pet and pigeon board and also the parlez board? Pardon me if it isn't. I have always continued to come to pigeon talk. I dont visit near as much anymore or post much but I still think its the best pigeon board on the internet for beginners and those with questions. I dont know if Lin or chert visit here or not.
Posted 31st March 2019, 03:38 AM
Hey! Beatlemike, yeah it's me! I had to create a whole new account on here because I hadn't been on it for so long my old password wouldn't work.

I just found a new injured pigeon - a squeaker this time. Couldn't believe it was a squeaker so I know it's real young. This one has an injured wing and pulled out feathers around the eye.

Had it about 2 months trying to get it rehabbed. Already laying eggs so I guessed right that it was a female.

How's it going for you? Nice to hear from someone from the past!
Posted 31st March 2019, 11:22 PM
Maybe you can post a picture or two of your new bird Gary. I know I miss mine. One in particular. I guess hanging around these pigeon boards and watching YouTube will be the closest I ever come to having them again. Im glad you got a new one to replace your Maggie.
Posted 1st April 2019, 03:39 AM
Yeah, maybe I will. The funny thing is, it looks exactly like Maggie - only a younger version. So I called it Aggie. I found it roaming around late at night in a parking lot, very injured and unable to fly, so I knew it wouldn't last long without someone helping it. By the end of the next day, probably a hawk would've finished it off.

The strange thing is that it loves the sound of vacuum cleaners. It actually coos when it hears one. Most animals run from the sound of a vacuum cleaner, but not this one.