Where to find good economical pigeon grit? - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > Pet Pigeons And Doves

Posted 1st January 2019, 02:42 PM
It's so tiny that they will more than likely ignore it.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 1st January 2019, 05:20 PM
These are the kind our pigeons liked.
grit-redstone?!animal-category=show-pigeons" target="_blank">https://www.versele-laga.com/en/prod...y=show-pigeons
http://pigeonbazaar.com/five-star-mineral-grit.aspx
But they wont eat the Winners Cup gray or Winners cup red i bought locally. Am mixing it with the tiny bit of five star i had left hoping they will transition. Spoiled birds!

Last edited by cwebster; 1st January 2019 at 05:25 PM..
Posted 2nd January 2019, 10:50 PM
The mineral grit is like the Mineral Grit Bucket that I get from VitaKing. Yes, they would have loved that. Mine do. I just put that out now and then as kind of a treat for them. They will gobble it up. They are spoiled. That has lots more in it than just grit and that's why they like it so much. But just regular grit is what they need for grinding their seed. They may also miss the anise in it. They don't gobble regular grit like they do the mineral grit. They will just take it when they need it. I wouldn't worry about it. They will take it when needed. You can always order the mineral grit from Vita King and just mix a little in now and then. You can buy it in 11 or 22 lbs. Used to come in buckets, but now get it in bags and the shipping is much more reasonable. I couldn't get it for a long time, as the shipping used to be as much as the grit or more.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted 3rd January 2019, 04:34 PM
Cool

pigeon grit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
Seeking great grit without excessive shipping. Love the Versele-Laga but shipping has increased so much i am thinking about buying grit locally and adding anise powder. Any suggestions? Not sure if local feed stores have pigeon grit. Can pigeons eat chicken grit? Thanks!
dear cwebster,-I frequent farm supply stores,-coastal farm supply-I found a ground oyster shells which I introduced with ground granite and probotics--they like it.-some products were quite large and I willnot offer that..chocking hazard,--I will not offer whole corn either,sincerely james waller
Posted 3rd January 2019, 06:31 PM
James, i avoid whole corn too. Will try some farm supply stores because they just dont seem to like the gray or ref Wonners Choice grit.

Tags
grit