Posted 19th November 2007, 10:35 AM
PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSING FLOWGEORGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 19th November 2007, 12:37 PM
Amen, George!
Posted 19th November 2007, 08:41 PM
Blessed Greetings, Dear Birdie Family!

Thanks for the celebratory well-wishes and support!

Terry, Ally's feet were just cool and a little warm today rather than cold! She's with Rally in the indoor cage. Your guys little feet may be cooler if their outdoors, but thanks for checking! I'm not bringing her out to the Gazebo for flying just yet due to cold weather. Today we actually had some snow showers and boy was I thankful she was home...still can't believe it, hence, my sitting on my bed watching her and Rally often and thanking God, the Angels, St. Francis for bringing her home and for all of you whom cared for her as if she were your own! I'm still undertaking bird-proofing of my bedroom...a lot of stuff has to be packed up and put in my attic and basement before they can fly around safely.
She started to complain in her carrier last night at around 1am...standing on her dishes and still making those 'grunt' noises...so I made a little bed for her across from Rally's bed and placed her in it...she fell right to sleep. This morning she was down eating/drinking/pooping normally! This morning she weighed 146gms...gaining 3gms from Sat. 5am when I weighed her before her bath. I'm sure she was dehydrated but ok now.

Thanks, Karen, for rejoicing with us...this was truly a miracle...I still can't believe she's back! It was nice not having to go out at sunrise shaking my seed bag and calling for her. I told a few neighbors what had happened and they wondered what I was doing seeing me on their way to work each morning walking around shaking that bag and again in the evening. They didn't know I was also in their yards doing the same each day!

Thanks, Mary! I bet it was nice to see the great news when you got home from vacation! Glad your back! So wonderful that our prayers were answered!

Thanks, Birdmom4ever! I did check her thoroughly during her bath early the next morning per Terry's instruction. She only had a bald spot at the top of one of her wings without any abrasion...just red, but now normal pinkish color. She still has some black soot around her neck and some on her face...I was scared to get the soap in her eyes/ears so I just wipe gently with some warm water soaked Q-tips. Will it come off by itself? Or should I try again with the Q-tips? Also, Rally has been preening her neck and face so maybe he'll be nice to get the job done for me! I worry about poking her in her little eyes...and I thought the rabbits were small!!!

AMEN AND AMEN, George! God's Eye is truly on all Creatures Great and Small!

Thanks and God Bless all of you...again and again!
http://picasaweb.google.com/GodsBelovedCreatures

Posted 19th November 2007, 08:47 PM
Ally will get herself all cleaned up in pretty short order if she's allowed to bathe. Rally's attentions won't hurt either .. he'll help her get pristine again.

I'm just so happy we have a happy ending here ..

Terry

Posted 20th November 2007, 09:49 AM
Sorry to repeat instructions...it occurred to me after I posted that you had spoken to Terry and she no doubt instructed you to check for wounds. But I just wanted to be sure. It sounds as though Ally is recovering well. It has to be very traumatic for them to be out. Having lived in captivity their whole little lives, they have no idea the world is so big and scary!

I had a dove escape a couple years ago; she flew past me when I was cleaning the hutch, the same way your Ally did. I'd only had her a couple weeks--she was a rescue from a shelter and very tame. She disappeared over the back fence and I was sure she was gone for good. My heart just sank because it was winter and we were expecting more rain that day, not to mention the Cooper's hawks that are always present that time of year. I prayed desperately for her return. Praise God, Petra came back a couple hours later. I had to run some errands and when I got home she was sitting on top of the hutch, tired out. She allowed me to just pick her up. She looked at me as if to say, "It's about time you got home and let me in--it was terrifying out there!"
Posted 20th November 2007, 02:30 PM
Hi Christin,

I would say Ally made it home just in time too!! Between the snow the other morning and the fact that it's been raining practically non stop since late Friday night - thank goodness she's home, safe, sound - and WARM!!

That's wonderful news that she's gained 3gms since Saturday a.m., and that she is asking for Rally's company - that is so sweet

Keep the pictures coming - the one you posted on Sunday of the two of them is just adorable. So adorable I just wanna reach out and snuggle them both -- please give them a good pet for me

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dezirrae/
Posted 21st November 2007, 08:48 AM
Blessings again, Dear Birdie Family! (just love that!
My sister actually has me now call her 'Aunt Birdie' LOL)

Thanks Terry! So I should now offer her along with Rally their bird bath bowl as usual? With the room temp water or cool? Just want to be sure for her not to get cold. She is comfortable now with my bedroom at 60 degrees...it seemed too warm for them when I raised it. Guess it's a good sign that she's back to normal. She seems to be gaining nicely...147gms today....still eating up a storm...taking a drink and then back to sleeping....very happy with Rally near fussing over her. Rally seems to like me again....I didn't realize how smart these pigeons/doves really are....very amazing!

Birdmom4ever, no problem about your helping me with care of Ally! I appreciate as much advice as you guys can dish out, so keep dishing, please!
So happy that your dove flew back on her own after a few hours! Some neighbors told me that they've seen hawks around here!!! I never saw one except for years ago when one was up in a tree watching my rabbits play in their outdoor play pen...I quickly took them back to the barn. I'm glad I was unaware of that during the time Ally was gone...for sure I would not have gotten the little sleep that I did!

Dezirrae, I was soooo thankful that day when it snowed...she did arrive back home 'just in time'! I have some video-clips to put on the web-album as well as more pics of them. I'll give everyone the heads-up when I get them on. They really are so cute and adorable....each and every one of them! Still can't get over the pics from the show Terry and Michael posted! So many varieties and one more beautiful then the next!

Just wanted to post a pic of Ally sending thanks and pecks to everyone!She actually began normally cooing this morning...no more grunts! AMEN!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO/PECK-PECK-PECK-PECK-PECK-PECK-PECK from Ally!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2599.JPG (36.1 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by CHRISTIN RN; 21st November 2007 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: add pic
Posted 21st November 2007, 02:11 PM
Blessings to you!

Ally sure is pretty. I'm glad she is doing so well.....she has alot to be thankful about...as I'm sure you are too.

Thanks for sharing Christin.

Posted 21st November 2007, 02:22 PM
Talking

Oh, she is soooo cute ! What a blessed Thanksgiving you will have this year -- Ally back, Rally happy, and two rescued pigeons in a wonderful forever home. Thank you!!

And yes, Ally's thread was the first one I checked when I got back from vacation and I was so relieved when she was found
I cannot help that I was born without a golden egg . . . . . . .
So when you walk by me, please look me in the eye.
If it would come down to it -- would I live or die?

-- Joyce Glass

Flitsnowzoom

Posted 21st November 2007, 03:11 PM
Christin, there she sits, in total innocence, never realizing that so many people around the world were saying prayers for her safe return. What a doll baby. I am so happy she survived her little escapade and has no residual effects from it.
Posted 21st November 2007, 03:58 PM
I'm sure it will be a very special Thanksgiving at your house! BTW, a picture of Ally would make a lovely personalized Christmas card.
Posted 26th November 2007, 07:09 PM
Greetings, Birdie Family!

Sorry I have not been able to get to this thread to post an update as I dropped my laptop and broke the wireless card!
I was able to get online for a few moments at a time with my phone line which kept disconnecting!
I brought it in for service today and now using a neighbor's PC to post this update as well as search some threads with regard to garlic use.

Thanks, Treesa, Mary, Maggie and Birdmom4ever for your kind feedback!

I will definitely be using Rally and Ally on this year's Holiday Greeting cards, so if anyone would like me to send one, just pm your address and I'll be happy to send to you! After all, I really believe this was a miracle given to all of us whom petitioned God, the Angels and Beloved St. Francis! The card will honor the miraculous event for sure!

Ally continues to show progressive weight gain...now at 150gms., however, I noticed some deep breathing this morning which concerned me. Should it???
She seems to get tired quickly as well. I brought her to the gazebo on Thanksgiving due to the unseasonably nice weather we had...she flew around with Rally for 10 mins. and then fell asleep in her basket.

I thought I should give some fresh garlic to help boost her as well as the others, however, they won't drink the water with the garlic clove. Is it too strong to give a small piece in their beaks?

Everyone is still getting the Orna-bac powder EOD which has minerals in it. Is there anything else I should give Ally to help her get her strength back. I'm sure it has affected her having all that soot/dirt on her feathers and preening them...Also Rally preens her dirty feathers. She won't take a bath on her own either...I was thinking of using some diluted apple cider vinegar / aloe in a spray bottle which I use on the rabbits, but not sure if it's good for birds. I'm searching some of my natural care pet books also.

If anyone has any ideas or can direct me further, I'd appreciate it!
Otherwise, everything is going ok. Just can't wait to get my laptop back!

I'll be here for an hour or so using this PC then I can check from my PDA later!
I was also able to post some new pics/video clips of Ally's Homecoming on the Picasa web-album. Enjoy!

Blessings to all!

Last edited by CHRISTIN RN; 26th November 2007 at 07:13 PM..
Posted 27th November 2007, 05:13 AM
You know I always give any birds that come in and are just not right, a garlic cap a day, chlorella, Neem oil and even Reishi. A drop of colloidal silver down the throat has known to clear up infection. I even give 1/4 of a human alfalfa tablet to my hens-when I think they can use it. Also, a 1/4 of a human dose of liquid echinacea will boost the immune system too, make sure it is alcohol free. I always think its best to give them nutrition in its most natural form, thru food, and supplements most natural, that's the way God intended for them to heal and be healthy, (as well as us)-especially when you are not sure what is going on.

However, if Ally does not respond to the nutrition-and natural remedies, you should consult your Avian vet.

Posted 27th November 2007, 07:31 AM
Hope your laptop is up and running soon Christin -- I know I'd be lost without my computer

I loved your videos!! So adorable. And of course, glad to hear that Ally continues to gain weight. I'm sure she and Rally loved being in gazebo for a bit - that weather was a treat for all of us in the tri-state area on Thanksgiving.

Sorry that I don't have any advice to offer regarding the supplements -- in fact I was going to ask about the ones you listed... are these kind of standard multivitimin type supplements?

I hope Ally starts feeling 100% very very soon and that, with Rally's help, her feathers become nice & soot-free very soon as well.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dezirrae/
Posted 27th November 2007, 05:54 PM
Greetings, Birdie Family!

Thanks Treesa....that was really alot of info. Thanks for taking the time to post it for me!

Hi Dezirrae!....I'll find out about my laptop tomorrow...hopefully good news!
I'm once again using my neighbors PC.
The Orna-bac is a mineral/probiotic supplement for birds. It comes in powder form. It states giving 1/4 capful per day, however, I started the Birdie gang on that dose every other day.
Also, the garlic clove in 1 gal. water that I read on the Goodness of Garlic thread. Though I've not seen them actually drink it yet.
And...today I read in my Natural Care for Pets book about fresh dandelion being very good for all animals. I had it for my rabbits already, so just cut up tiny pieces 5-6 and put in Ally's food dish...she gobbled it up immediately!

I'm going to try getting some of the things Treesa suggested tomorrow.
I don't want to over do it, so I'll wait a few days. Ally seems much better today!

Thanks for the continued prayers!
Today I was busy for 6 hours trying to find one of my rabbits that got out of my barn....I found him in the neighbors backyard finally after dark with a flash light!!!

I've had pets for 35 years without losing one...now I lose 2 in Nov.!!!
Thankfully both back home! AMEN!

Tags
apple cider vinegar, avian vet, bird flu, colloidal silver, nesting material, white dove