Crow smashed by car need help fast - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Other Birds (NOT Pigeon/Dove posts!) > Non Pigeon and Dove Bird Emergencies

Notices

Posted 31st May 2015, 11:05 PM
I hope you will give it a day or two for some of the places you called to return your calls. If you just feed the bird some strawberry bits and raw hamburger or frozen veggies he will probably be ok for a while. You just open his mouth and pop some in a few times per day. I am sad that he is likely to die just because no one will fix his wing or take him in. Please wait a little longer and see if anyone can help tomorrow, which is a Monday, when most places are open.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 1st June 2015, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
I hope you will give it a day or two for some of the places you called to return your calls. If you just feed the bird some strawberry bits and raw hamburger or frozen veggies he will probably be ok for a while. You just open his mouth and pop some in a few times per day. I am sad that he is likely to die just because no one will fix his wing or take him in. Please wait a little longer and see if anyone can help tomorrow, which is a Monday, when most places are open.

That was the plan actually. Wait just another day so that I can get any calls from the shelters. I hope someone does.

I offered him a dish of water and some soaked dogfood as that is what I have in my house.
Posted 1st June 2015, 08:21 PM
Soaked dog food will work if he will eat it. Is he eating? Hope you heard back from rescues today. Please don't give up hope. If the crow is trying, and not suffering, I hope it will motivate you. Crows are tough birds. Thank you for trying to help him. I just saw Crowsy outside, who we released last year. I didn't think he was going to make it but now he's fine. Can Zoo to You or someone drive and pick up,your crow? Sometimes if you advertise here that transportation is needed to a rescue center, someone will do that. Anyone live near Playa del Rey? When I have taken squirrels and birds to the wildlife center here, a volunteer has met me about halfway.

Posted 1st June 2015, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
Soaked dog food will work if he will eat it. Is he eating? Hope you heard back from rescues today. Please don't give up hope. If the crow is trying, and not suffering, I hope it will motivate you. Crows are tough birds. Thank you for trying to help him. I just saw Crowsy outside, who we released last year. I didn't think he was going to make it but now he's fine. Can Zoo to You or someone drive and pick up,your crow? Sometimes if you advertise here that transportation is needed to a rescue center, someone will do that. Anyone live near Playa del Rey? When I have taken squirrels and birds to the wildlife center here, a volunteer has met me about halfway.
I received no return messages from the places I've called today, tomorrow morning I think I'm bringing him in on the way to school. They just might find a rescue for him because they do have their connections. I hate to say it. I feel pretty bad.

He was looking a little worse for wear today and leaning on his side, also more lethargic than he was the other night. I moved him to a warmer part of the house and gave fresh food/water. Not sure how he's going to hold up tonight. He has pecked at the food but not eaten too much.

Thank you for your help on this one. Can't always win every battle you fight.
Posted 1st June 2015, 08:48 PM
to mobilize his strength would give him small bits of strawberry and moistened cat food. you may have to open his mouth and put some inside the first few bites though so he understands that you are trying to help. you say you are taking him in on the way to school...where are you taking him?
Posted 2nd June 2015, 04:36 PM
I waited until morning for a response of any of the centers I called, and because he continued looking worse I didn't want to wait any longer so I decided to bring him to the West LA animal shelter, the only place I know that could for sure take him. I was told they would do everything they could to help it, but of course I don't know if I could trust their word.

Thank you all for your help in this matter, I will be sure to keep all the information you have given me for future reference.

Tags
broken wing, crow, emergency, injured, vet