Help Us Feed The Poor Thing - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Other Birds (NOT Pigeon/Dove posts!) > Non Pigeon and Dove Bird Emergencies

Notices

Posted 17th July 2014, 12:10 PM

Help Us Feed The Poor Thing

So while taking a walk around our apartments we happened upon a female baby crow (Not newborn maybe 2 - 3 months old, capable of eating food) getting divebombed and pecked and scratched at by aggresive much larger male crows and we want to know what we should feed her, so far she refuses to eat though she takes tiny little nibbles here there she hasn't eaten and it's been a while. She hasn't pooped or peed yet, she also hasn't drank water. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 17th July 2014, 07:56 PM
I remember as a kid my Dad raised a Crow on Purina Puppy Chow. He would let it soak in water till it was soft and force fed the Crow at first once he found out it was food he would eat it up.
Posted 3rd January 2015, 10:13 AM
We raised a baby crow who couldn't walk whose parents were not nearby on moistened cat food, small crickets, tomatoes, carrot bits, blueberries, bits of raw hamburger, pieces of earthworms and mealworms, frozen corn, peas, strawberries, etc. We tried to give him a variety of goodies. Every day we took him outside and when older crows I think we're his parents finally came around, let them see him for a while. Kept him inside because of the red tailed and red shouldered Hawks and cats living all around us. After a couple of weeks, after he started flapping, let him run around outside and hop on branches every day, with supervision. Each time the older crows visited, let him see them. Finally he flew onto the roof and flew away with them. I cried and watched all night with a hose to keep the red tails away from his tree. Have seen him with the other crows in the neighborhood so think he made it.

Posted 5th January 2015, 12:02 AM
Please find a wildlife rehabber. If it was getting picked on and isn't flying or eating/drinking, something is likely wrong with it.
Posted 5th January 2015, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpieLover View Post
Please find a wildlife rehabber. If it was getting picked on and isn't flying or eating/drinking, something is likely wrong with it.
I agree, also, can you upload a few pics of it to determine age and whatnot. Also, if it has pooped recently it would be nice to have some photos of those.

~~~Lucas~~~
Posted 5th January 2015, 12:12 AM
Be careful, it is illegal to keep crows without a Permit....... But I am proud you are caring for this Bird.
Posted 5th January 2015, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKYT View Post
Be careful, it is illegal to keep crows without a Permit....... But I am proud you are caring for this Bird.
Another reason to get it to a rehabilitator as fast as possible.

~~~Lucas~~~

Tags
rescued crow, young crow