How much should I feed a baby cuckoo - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Other Birds (NOT Pigeon/Dove posts!) > Non Pigeon and Dove Bird Emergencies

Notices

Posted 19th August 2012, 05:02 AM
Question

How much should I feed a baby cuckoo

Hello everyone, I'm new here, just registered. I need help with this baby cuckoo I found at my home 3 days ago, don't know how it got there. Based on the info I found on internet, its a female baby cuckoo, the type is called Asian Koel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Koel
I've been feeding it with fruits like mangoes and grapes. It doesn't seem to be hurt or anything and is doing great. What I need to know is how much and how frequently should I feed it. I was hand-feeding it, but it seems to be able to eat from a plate too. (Not quite a baby then??) It can't fly much just hops about.. My camera's not working so I've attached a picture I took using my cellphones VGA camera, wont be very clear, but might give an idea about its size.. It's such a cute little darling!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0006.jpg (67.9 KB, 34 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 2nd December 2012, 02:40 AM
It seem's about 3 to 4 weeks old, I'm not really sure. If it's eating by it's self feed it probley 3 times a day, morning, lunch and dinner. Also make sure it has plenty of water. If your going to release it back into the wild (probley best choice if it's not hurt) change the diet slowly to insects but also give it a little bit of fruit. I'm not an expert at this but I do own my own pigeons.

Pigeons are angels
Posted 2nd December 2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks alot for your advice, she's long grown and gone, I let her go when she could fly well, it's really hard to let them go..

Posted 2nd December 2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah I know, it's always quite hard to let go of them when you have looked after them for long time.

Pigeons are angels
Posted 19th July 2015, 11:12 PM
Hello sir/mam,
I have found a baby of koel on my roof top yesterday. I have no idea how to feed her and how many times it should be feeded..i had given her a very few slice of mango and boiled rice yesterday..now i am very nervous how to treat her..i even dont know whether i should give her some water or not..kindly guide me..
Posted 20th July 2015, 06:44 AM
Hi Priyanka,
To start a new thread pls click the link below:

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/newthr...=newthread&f=5

The thread you have posted in is 3 years old.
Also I don't have any idea about cuckoo, may be someone else can see and reply when you post in your own thread.
I will search something for you online, if I get some info I will post there in.
Thanks.
1)when you go to a vet, tell him/her that the bird is ALWAYS your pet, (unless you know the vet and know they will not euthanize) 2)You STAY with the bird, even while they are taking samples for tests or whatever 3) You NEVER walk away and leave the bird with vet. Else... they may just Euthanize it.

Tags
cuckoo