sick rabbit??? - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Other Birds (NOT Pigeon/Dove posts!) > Non Pigeon and Dove Bird Emergencies

Notices

Posted 14th May 2015, 02:00 AM

sick rabbit???

hiii everyone....
i have a female rabbit, who is now excatly 1 year old...she was born in may 2014. i got from a friend when she was 1 month or less. after 2 months her skin around face, ears and legs started to dry and get rough. i used to just apply some turmeric powder and coconut oil and within few days everything would normal but again in 10-20 days it used to return again...this continued for many months. but recently someone infromed me that there was a govt vet beyond two towns so i went their 1 month ago and he gave me candid-b cream and said to apply it. i applied it every night and within 20 days she healed. but their was still some around legs, which was not going away even with cream so i applied turmeric. and stoped the cream but this thing is slowly returning around mouth...but problem is that from 3-4 days she is behaving weird. she never used to pee in her cage where she is only locked at night, in day time she will be resting in the corners of our terrace and come down into our house....she has become inactive and peeing very frequently..her pee was yellow earilier but now its clear water....her poop seems normal. but she will pee and sit in the pee and wet only her backside part, around her anus and tail..she is eating less but eating and recently has lost a lot of weight... we feed her cabbage,spinach,some other veggies dont know what they are called in english, fruits ,occasionly plain yogurt and sometimes cappati and cooked rice....and also some soaked wheat.. i tried to sign up in rabbit talk but couldnt log in....so i posted it her, is here anyone owning a rabbit???? or a avain vet?? the vet i know has no experience with rabbits.....my friend said me to breed her ateast once before she turns one year...i tried but not many people have rabbits around so i couldnt do that, is this problem related to it???

Last edited by naresh j; 14th May 2015 at 02:04 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 14th May 2015, 06:07 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your rabbit is sick.

Have you tried doing a search on facebook, I did and came up with a few links? Please try posting there or another rabbit rescue, though I am not sure they can help. Here is one:
https://www.facebook.com/RabbitRescueNetwork?fref=ts

Posted 14th May 2015, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear your rabbit is sick. I used to have a rabbit but know guinea pigs better. Is she losing weight? Suggest you check her teeth and see if they look overgrown. My rabbit had problems with that. Not sure what would make her pee as you are describing. Please try the link that has been suggested.

Posted 14th May 2015, 08:56 AM
she seems much better today...like she is active now and eating good...but still she is pee frequently, clear pee, could that be due to hot weather. water is all the time available for her. i have got to know about someone have a lone male rabbit around here..have to take his permission. i will never mind some cute little bunnies... and can i deworm her with ivermectin tablet or parantel paomote liquid, dosage??? i never dewormed her!!!

Last edited by naresh j; 14th May 2015 at 08:59 AM..
Posted 14th May 2015, 09:39 PM
Would hold off on breeding your bunny if she is showing any weird physical symptoms.
Posted 14th May 2015, 11:05 PM
NO....not any physical symptoms just peeing too frequently and weight loss
Posted 15th May 2015, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nare J View Post
That could be a urinary tract/bladder infection. You can google it.

Here is one link I found: http://www.petmd.com/rabbit/conditio...ract_infection

Posted 15th May 2015, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Those are physical symptoms. I agree that it could possibly be urinary tract infection, but hard to know for sure. Anyway, you wouldn't breed her as long as she is having problems. That would just stress her system more.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 15th May 2015, 08:19 AM
okay i will not breed her....and also i will try to find anyone having experience with rabbits....
Posted 25th May 2015, 07:12 AM
Hello. Don't rabbits get mange? Ivermectin tabs? Thin: Worms? How is the diet? House rabbits struggle with the heat. Do lift its cheecks to inspect both teeth. I like bunnies too so i hope you see some healthy ones in the future.
Posted 26th May 2015, 08:57 AM
she has become totally normal or i should better than earily...amazingly she is hop here and there plays with us, runs behind us and all. earlier she used to just show laziness all day.... i have ivermectin tablets and pyrantel poamote syrup for my pigeons..so i thought if i could deworm her with this things??
Posted 26th May 2015, 10:51 AM
Quote:
she has become totally normal or i should better than earily...amazingly she is hop here and there plays with us, runs behind us and all. earlier she used to just show laziness all day.... i have ivermectin tablets and pyrantel poamote syrup for my pigeons..so i thought if i could deworm her with this things??

Can't you go online and find out what is safe to use on rabbits? Why ask on a pigeon site?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 27th May 2015, 10:52 AM
yeah....but i registered on a rabbit site and there's some problem i m not able to log in. and internet says ivermectin injection once in 3 months to deworm, so i was trying to take evryone's opinion.