Back yard bird feeding - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Other Birds (NOT Pigeon/Dove posts!) > Bird Watching

Notices

Posted 22nd April 2016, 09:12 AM
I scatter the left over feed in the yard by my garden and feed the neighbor hood birds. they know where they can get a free snack and I have seen some cool looking birds that come in too feed. there are a pair of wood peckers and blue jays that have become adjusted to my presence and its cool to know they know me..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 23rd April 2016, 03:48 AM
all of you must live in beautiful places! all I see from my back window is a brick wall from the building next to mine lol

loved the pictures posted in this thread! so nice to see you all feed the the wild animals.
Posted 23rd April 2016, 10:10 AM
Nothing fancy about my backyard. When we moved in, the guy who sold it had backhoed the entire yard, and it looked like the moon. Over the years, we planted lots of trees and bushes to make it woodsy and natural. It is nice and shady now, and brings in lots of birds and other animals. Most of what we planted are things that either give shelter to them or feed them. But it isn't neat and fancy. Just natural and woodsy. I can hear the sound of songbirds all day long. Even in the winter time, they come to the heated bird bath and feeders.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted 23rd April 2016, 10:21 AM
pigeon feeder

Heated birdbath

Our little garden of Eden

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 23rd April 2016, 02:35 PM
love that garden! my kind of place I like that old wash pan...on the rocks..
Posted 23rd April 2016, 02:56 PM
Just beautiful pictures and I bet you and yours get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Very very peaceful looking and pretty...Love it...
Posted 23rd April 2016, 04:07 PM
Thanks, but just kinda natural. Nothing fancy. I have those old wash tubs and ones like it scattered around the yard. Yes, we do spend a lot of time out there as it's very private and relaxing. Our little rescue terrier, spends her time chasing the squirrels, who love to taunt her. We get a lot of little animals too. I love nature, but don't want to work too hard at it, so keep it simple.

Posted 24th April 2016, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Thanks, but just kinda natural. Nothing fancy. I have those old wash tubs and ones like it scattered around the yard. Yes, we do spend a lot of time out there as it's very private and relaxing. Our little rescue terrier, spends her time chasing the squirrels, who love to taunt her. We get a lot of little animals too. I love nature, but don't want to work too hard at it, so keep it simple.
I have a few myself in the yard .. they are nice...relics from the good ole days!
Posted 24th April 2016, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollo70 View Post
I have a few myself in the yard .. they are nice...relics from the good ole days!
Yes they are. I love things from the good ole days. Anything country! You must have my kinda taste then.

Posted 24th April 2016, 09:23 PM
Love all the backyard photos! Very peaceful.
Posted 25th April 2016, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Yes they are. I love things from the good ole days. Anything country! You must have my kinda taste then.
Rustic Rusty Gold! Country is where its at
Posted 25th April 2016, 08:21 AM
WOW jay, our garden is sooo beautiful.....dont know why, it reminds me of disney fairytales...LOL
one day i would really like to have a garden like ours....
Posted 26th April 2016, 02:35 AM
beautiful pictures, Jay! your garden is more like a little forest!! love it!!! I hope someday to have a garden like yours so I can feed and spoil the wildlife too!
Posted 26th April 2016, 06:59 AM
Thanks, but it's just natural. But it's what the birds like. So do I. You can be out there and nobody even knows. At the end of the day, you can go up back and hide on the world. In the winter, it's a pain because we have to shovel to all the feeders. LOL.

Posted 26th April 2016, 09:14 PM
Does anyone ever scatter seeds and cover them up to sprout them? That way you are growing the kind of things they like. When they go to seed at the end of the season, they would love it. All you need is a little patch that gets sun. Sunflowers are fun for that. At the end of the season the birds flock to them.

Tags
feeding wild birds