Feeder Watch, Anyone? - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Other Birds (NOT Pigeon/Dove posts!) > Bird Watching

Notices

Posted 24th July 2015, 07:01 AM
Kiddy, the bird that got into your sisters room...think it is a chickadee although I get them mixed up,with sparrows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 24th July 2015, 07:51 AM
sparrows and chicadees have heavier beaks.
The beak looks kind of wren like. Don't know.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Last edited by Jay3; 24th July 2015 at 08:05 AM..
Posted 24th July 2015, 08:23 AM
Yes Koomori and Jay, more like a wren but as I Google search for Indian wren, this bird is nowhere there so may be some other name they have but definitely resembling with wren. Actually earlier when we saw them flying open in our yard of previous home, we thought it is a humming bird by its flying pattern, but when got settled it wasn't a humming bird so I said it resembles somewhat with that but yes of course have a shorter beak and not at all a humming bird or sparrow. But they are cute, don't know if horrible really!!!
1)when you go to a vet, tell him/her that the bird is ALWAYS your pet, (unless you know the vet and know they will not euthanize) 2)You STAY with the bird, even while they are taking samples for tests or whatever 3) You NEVER walk away and leave the bird with vet. Else... they may just Euthanize it.

Posted 24th July 2015, 08:28 AM
Cwebster it is not like chickadee, may be that's not a clear pic so it seems, will try to take some more pics of this bird when get a camera and a chance
1)when you go to a vet, tell him/her that the bird is ALWAYS your pet, (unless you know the vet and know they will not euthanize) 2)You STAY with the bird, even while they are taking samples for tests or whatever 3) You NEVER walk away and leave the bird with vet. Else... they may just Euthanize it.
Posted 24th July 2015, 08:33 AM
CBL : the eagle is awesome, i have seen such Eagles in Hollywood movies, we have different Eagles here, day before yesterday I made a small video of Eagle flying over my roof. Can't post here but will send you if you say...
Posted 24th July 2015, 09:47 AM
Oh oh oh oh! I found something!

Common Birds of India

I'm thinking it is a type of sunbird? They have the same wren-like beak and fit the description well enough. Also don't forget, birds are migrating too, so this bird may not be a year-round bird where you live. I am by no means any expert on the migration patterns of Indian birds but maybe that could explain it.

I hope this helps!

"ナンバーワンには興味ない。オンリーワンでい続けるだけ" - ガクト
My Instagram
Posted 24th July 2015, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koomori View Post
Oh oh oh oh! I found something!

Common Birds of India

I'm thinking it is a type of sunbird? They have the same wren-like beak and fit the description well enough. Also don't forget, birds are migrating too, so this bird may not be a year-round bird where you live. I am by no means any expert on the migration patterns of Indian birds but maybe that could explain it.

I hope this helps!
Yes the link is great!! But beak of sun bird is slightly curved while this is with a straight long beak
I don't know if they migrate but I remember I would see him daily in front of mirror in my previous home chirping loudly,they had nest there in our garden. And sometimes when I woke up late, I couldn't see him and missed him but he /she would come daily.

Edit:

Reading more about sun bird, it is really quite resembling with sun bird, just a little confused with beak. I will watch their beak closely next time when I see him and let you know. Thank you. I downloaded a similar pic of sun bird, attaching here. Just a little confusion in beak.
Think I can research on it, lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunbird.jpg (33.4 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by kiddy; 24th July 2015 at 10:29 AM..
Posted 24th July 2015, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
If you want to attract a lot of birds with high fat food, try chopped unsalted peanuts. I haven't seen many birds that don't relish them. Also, those small suet balls that they sell in bags, flavored like fruit or with chopped peanuts in them. They love that too.
I can't leave my peanut jar for one minute outside or little thieves will pilfer from it, like this gray catbird. Try them. They work well.

Jay, constantly forgetting to post, this is a cute cat bird, never saw this bird here? Sneaky on peanuts. Loved the shot.
Posted 24th July 2015, 11:15 AM
Chucks big bird in back ground looks similar to a road runner lol.

Kiddy ur sisters bird is tiny and resembles our kinglest, either way that small beak indicates insect eater.

Kiddy YES send me email of eagle for sure !!!!!
Posted 24th July 2015, 11:42 AM
Kiddy, I'm so glad we're making headway on your bird. Let me know if you discover it, will you? I'll continue to help you identify it if you want to post any additional photos you may capture or any observations here. This is pretty fun! I'm vicariously birdwatching in India! I love it!! (so excites)

I'm still wondering what kind of pigeon my mystery pigeon is. LOL I won't post the photo here directly because it's a captive bird, not a feeder bird. Technically. But it's not a wild bird so it won't count in this thread, lol.

Anyway, I've uploaded more pictures to my albums with plans to upload more tonight. I'm heading out for my eagle watch in a few moments here so hopefully I'll update the birdwatching album too.

May I suggest a Feeder Watch Theme before I go?

How about "Moulting Birds"... lol. I keep finding half naked birds in my feeder.

House Wren

Have you guys seen any moulting birds or is it different where you live?

"ナンバーワンには興味ない。オンリーワンでい続けるだけ" - ガクト
My Instagram

Last edited by Koomori; 24th July 2015 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: ' fail
Posted 24th July 2015, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Kiddy, I'm so glad we're making headway on your bird. Let me know if you discover it, will you? I'll continue to help you identify it if you want to post any additional photos you may capture or any observations here. This is pretty fun! I'm vicariously birdwatching in India! I love it!! (so excites)

I'm still wondering what kind of pigeon my mystery pigeon is. LOL I won't post the photo here directly because it's a captive bird, not a feeder bird. Technically. But it's not a wild bird so it won't count in this thread, lol.

Anyway, I've uploaded more pictures to my albums with plans to upload more tonight. I'm heading out for my eagle watch in a few moments here so hopefully I'll update the birdwatching album too.

How about "Moulting Birds"... lol. I keep finding half naked birds in my feeder.

House Wren

Ah! Carolina wren, and one of my favorites. I had a little male coming to eat meal worms out of my hand, a few years ago. He and his mate would bring their babies for meal worms and chopped peanuts. He looked worse than that by the end of summer. Very cute little birds with personality. I just love them.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 24th July 2015, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL View Post
Chucks big bird in back ground looks similar to a road runner lol.

Kiddy ur sisters bird is tiny and resembles our kinglest, either way that small beak indicates insect eater.

Kiddy YES send me email of eagle for sure !!!!!
That hasn't got a small beak. Lol
Sent you eagle video, tho not that clear, will make a better one next time
Posted 24th July 2015, 12:15 PM
Quote:

House Wren

Yes sure, will tell you if I discover and post the pics if I get a chance to take them. I see many beautiful bird around and were in previous home, will try to clicks pics for you for sure as soon as I buy a camera, no idea about which camera to buy for this purpose which is a cheaper one too.
I have already saved your mystery pigeons pic from other thread to see if someone can tell about his breed
I didn't note a molting bird yet except for my molting pigeons , will try to look for.
That's cute

Last edited by kiddy; 24th July 2015 at 12:20 PM..
Posted 24th July 2015, 06:47 PM
Ok when he was a baby eating mice...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by CBL; 24th July 2015 at 06:52 PM..
Posted 24th July 2015, 06:55 PM
A little more grown up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (104.0 KB, 19 views)

Tags
birdwatching, feeders, local birds