Stupid people killing babies - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Other Birds (NOT Pigeon/Dove posts!) > Bird Watching

Notices

Posted 8th May 2012, 12:46 PM

Stupid people killing babies

hello,i know where a pigeon nest is but sadly im not the only one.there are little children climbing up that tree all the time.i usually tell them off but i dont know what happens when im away.the parents are only making the nest and there are no eggs yet but im scared that the children will destroy the little family.how else can i get them to leave the nest alone? the tree id in this big bush.could i place the nest in a little bit different branch so the children arent able to see it? i really love pigeons and i want them to grow up properly so HELP ME IM BEGGING YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 8th May 2012, 02:41 PM
These kids are doing this to get your attention. confront their.parents about this iincident. or make a way to keep them away, for instance, chicken wire were their feet would be.
Posted 8th May 2012, 03:23 PM

pigeon girl

thank you ever so much for yor reply.yeah,chicken wire sounds like a great idea and hopefully i will get it all sorted out with the parents of the kids.just about 3 hours ago i looked out of my window to see the 2 pigeons bringing more sticks to their nest.i will keep informing you about how the pigeon family is getting on.tomorrow,i am planning to go to one of the childrens parents.fingers crossed that this will stop and the pigeons will be left alone in future.again,thank you Maria

Posted 8th May 2012, 06:13 PM
Talk nicely to the parents; do not blame the children..childern will always be children..; just show concern for the pigeon family.
Before talking to the parents you can try it with kids first: you can give some candies to the kids or show some pics of baby pigeons.. and talk to them if they would like to be the guardians/protectors of these pigeons who will soon have their babies. Tell them that they can choose names for the squabs and so on...Hope it works ..kids soften up on this stuff.
Posted 8th May 2012, 06:22 PM
Ask them if they know the parents pigeons names..if not ask them to baptieze them and give them a cute name they are attched too;;like Mickey Mouse, Bambi etc..Tell them a cute story with a happy end with a pigeon you know (make it up). lol than would have been fun if i were you.
Posted 9th May 2012, 12:37 AM
Smile

great idea

oh my god...yes that is just great.why didnt i think of this before!thank you thank you thank you thats a great idea
Posted 9th May 2012, 01:17 PM
the kids are devils!!!dont want to hear anything about it.my estate is very criminal(lithuanian drug dealers you know) and some are the parents.they dont understand me or just dont answer the door.the mother pigeon layed an egg.thank god that the kids didnt come back but what if they DO?i need help again guys...... ((
Posted 9th May 2012, 02:00 PM
you may just want to keep an eye out and leave the nest there. or take the nest down and hope they go elsewhere in a safer place away from these kids.. maybe the kids are used to eating pigeon's eggs and hunting them.?
Posted 9th May 2012, 03:45 PM
You could just chase the pigeons away, and not let them build a nest there. Eventually they will find a better place to nest.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 9th May 2012, 03:57 PM
Unhappy

oh good lord i hope not!!! :L ok i will put the nest in a nearby tree thats in a big bush but what if the pigeons dont find their nest? they will go off to make another one and this little egg will be my fault and responsibility.im worried sick :/
Posted 9th May 2012, 04:03 PM

jay3

jay3 my neighbours already did that but the pijjis just kept coming back and anyway,the mother layed an egg like 12 hours ago i think.thanks though

Last edited by pigeonlover2k11; 9th May 2012 at 04:07 PM..
Posted 9th May 2012, 04:40 PM
The egg hasn't really even started to develop yet. If you throw the nest away, and the egg, and keep stopping them from building a new nest, they will realize that it isn't safe to nest there. If you are persistent, they will leave.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 10th May 2012, 12:49 AM

what!!?

absolutely no way jay3.i know youre right that the egg hasnt started to develop but like....i`m not able to do that!of course,i appreciate you giving advice byt...any other ideas people?im running out of time.just say a little prayer that the children dont come back today.
Posted 10th May 2012, 02:53 AM
Maria,

Jay3's advice is actually right on.
If you feel bad about throwing out an undeveloped egg, imagine how you'll feel about the babies being harmed by the kids, or abandoned by the parents due to the constant harassment. If these kids are curious about the nest now, just imagine the situation once the babies hatch. Act now, while you still can.
Posted 10th May 2012, 03:28 PM

hmm....idea!

ok,i know thee two are right but instead of throwing the egg away,could i try and raise it myself? i am a real pigeon lover and i would absolutely LOVE to experience something like this.what do you think?should i give it a go? it IS another lil pijii you know what im on about? IM WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY PEOPLE )

Tags
babies, killing, people