RARE ENDANGERED ALL WHITE GOSHAWK only 220 left IN OUR YARD! - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Other Birds (NOT Pigeon/Dove posts!) > Endangered Species

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted 14th August 2007, 09:19 PM
Talking

RARE ENDANGERED ALL WHITE GOSHAWK only 220 left IN OUR YARD!

I live in the top left part of Tasmania Australia and we get many Goshawks here. But there is a rare one. It's known as the 'all grey' version of the Goshawk and I read that it is the only all white bird of prey in the world. Hmmmmm, I thought that was pretty amazing but even more so is the fact that last count shows less that 110 breeding pairs are left in the world.

And we have one sitting right here on our telegraph pole
. It is nesting it seems in the tree we lovingly here call our "Australia" tree because it looks like a map of Australia. These pics were taken before I got a better camera but it will give you some idea.

We will be watching this bird carefully as they begin breeding this month. But can it find another white Goshawk, if not, they will occassionaly breed with a brown Goshawk.

Here is some great info on the species AND A LOVELY PHOTO
http://www.fpa.tas.gov.au/fileadmin/...ey_goshawk.pdf

My Mum lives next door and caught this amazing bird on video at close range for about a minute, sitting on her back fence and sizing up her pet blind wallaby that has safe haven in her yard. But her wallaby is too big now for this size of Bird of Prey to take though we just stopped a Wedgetail eagle from taking the wallaby two weeks ago. Mum ran out into her yard screaming just as the eagle was stalking up to the wallaby. She watches it pretty much all day so that if it gets out in the middle of the garden, she shooes it back under cover.
love and light

Susan in Tasmania Australia HOW EXCITING!!!!!!

Last edited by theAussie; 14th August 2007 at 09:26 PM..

Tags
beautiful birds, breeding pairs, racing pigeon, white bird

You may also search for:

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how do white pigeon look
White Pigeon 268
white silky hen
white piegon