Anybody ever though about this? - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > General Discussions

Posted 23rd March 2008, 08:44 AM
Question

Most likely...?

Got up at a little after 7:30 this morning something must've been goin' on outside case I could hear some grackles(type of black bird) outside as well as a turtle dove(mourning dove). But one thing that got my attention was a the sound of a pigeon on the roof. It kept making a "who-who" noise kind of like an owl.

I have been told by another member on this site, that it sounded like a male calling a female to lay...

2 things I thought about...

1. With a pigeon that close, maybe a pair would use the crate.

2. If a pair did use the crate and the parents rejected one of the babies for some reason...what can I do to help him or her.

The first thing that came to my mind would be to take it in

what do you think?

Last edited by BirdDogg10; 23rd March 2008 at 09:03 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 25th March 2008, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDogg10 View Post
Got up at a little after 7:30 this morning something must've been goin' on outside case I could hear some grackles(type of black bird) outside as well as a turtle dove(mourning dove). But one thing that got my attention was a the sound of a pigeon on the roof. It kept making a "who-who" noise kind of like an owl.

I have been told by another member on this site, that it sounded like a male calling a female to lay...

2. If a pair did use the crate and the parents rejected one of the babies for some reason...what can I do to help him or her.

what do you think?

Any comments?

*cricket chirping*

LOL just a joke.

Posted 3rd April 2008, 07:13 PM

Q & A

Got up at a little after 7:30 last sunday something must've been goin' on outside case I could hear some grackles(type of black bird) outside as well as a turtle dove(mourning dove). But one thing that got my attention was a the sound of a pigeon on the roof. It kept making a "who-who" noise kind of like an owl.

also if I set out some seeds, water & the wooden crate do you think some pigeons might come?

I meant if the stuff was left out on the balcony for 3 days or more WITHOUT anyone bothering it?

I only ask cause I'm going to LA in August for 3 days or more the house will probably be empty during that time.

what do you think?:confused

Tags
bird seed, fancy pigeons, feral pigeon, mourning dove, nest bowl, nesting material