new to pigeon keeping and pairing - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeons & People > General Discussions

Posted 29th October 2011, 06:59 AM
Arrow

new to pigeon keeping and pairing

i build a small loft for capacity of 6 pigeons this was easy but the 2nd part paring up pigeons i don't know how to pair them up

i got 6 pigeons which where not paired up and got them from different friends of mine

the males don't even let the females sit with them every time i put them in the loft a fight breaks out all the males make noise and fight each other and with the females and i notice when they are close to each other both males and females kinda shiver

every pigeon is siting by it self in the loft because there is no pair

i asked many people but every body has there own opinion on paring

some people will tell me that let them pair up naturally

some will say close them up in tight cage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 29th October 2011, 07:08 AM
first off how big is your loft? second how old are the birds? third are there 3 males & 3 females? thats what you need to figure out first, if your loft is to small they will fight for teritory. if they had mates before they will need time to adjust to their new loft mates, this may take weeks or months. if they are young they may not be ready to pair up yet.
you may need to just sit back and let them settle before you start locking anyone up in nest boxes, how big are the nest boxes? if you do lock them up i would put a devider in so the male wont beat up the hen. let them get used to each other then put them together, no matter what the birds will fight in a box or in the loft.
Posted 29th October 2011, 07:20 AM
hm yea i am pretty sure there are 3 males and 3 females i will post a picture of the loft tomorrow and may be get some shots of the pigeons too so that u can have a clear picture of my problem

Posted 29th October 2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonlover420 View Post
hm yea i am pretty sure there are 3 males and 3 females i will post a picture of the loft tomorrow and may be get some shots of the pigeons too so that u can have a clear picture of my problem
sounds good can't wait to see them
Posted 30th October 2011, 08:46 AM
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f6/wha...eon-57195.html hay check this this is my other thread sum thing is happening to my pigeon and also check my album i uploaded sum pics of the loft
Posted 30th October 2011, 09:49 AM
i saw your pic's and left you a message. as far as the eye thing and the fluffed feathers it looks sick, you need to get some meds for it A.S.A.P.
Posted 31st October 2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonlover420 View Post
i build a small loft for capacity of 6 pigeons this was easy but the 2nd part paring up pigeons i don't know how to pair them up

i got 6 pigeons which where not paired up and got them from different friends of mine

the males don't even let the females sit with them every time i put them in the loft a fight breaks out all the males make noise and fight each other and with the females and i notice when they are close to each other both males and females kinda shiver

every pigeon is siting by it self in the loft because there is no pair

i asked many people but every body has there own opinion on paring

some people will tell me that let them pair up naturally

some will say close them up in tight cage
really if you do not know what sex they are for sure because you did not buy pairs, these birds could of had mates before they came to you..or they are young and not thinking of finding a mate just yet...sounds like you need to let them be and see who/if you have hen/s.. you may not have an even number of both sexes which will cause problems.. but before you even should think of any of that..the bird in those picture should be treated.

Tags
new birds, pairing