Baby morning dove fighting pox - Page 4 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 14th July 2017, 08:03 PM
We going to keep him. We just got a much larger cage so when he even bigger he still have plenty of room. He surprised me he normally just perch on my shoulder to sunbathe. He seems to eat pretty well with his beak like how it is. Drink fine as well it most likely be better for him to stay with us cause the pox did change his beak. Do I need to give him greens as well as Dove seeds. I did some reading that he need fresh greens. Which greens do I dice up for him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 14th July 2017, 10:40 PM
Kale lettuce or Romaine chopped up to bite size is good. Mine also like mung bean sprouts chopped.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 14th July 2017, 10:47 PM
They also like chopped up spinach and they go crazy for raw unsalted peanuts also chopped in fine pieces. This you can give as a treat once a week.

Posted 15th July 2017, 07:00 AM
So he needs greens daily correct when we give him, fresh seeds. We diffently get some for him. Thanks for all the info and answer my questions. I keep you guys updated.
Posted 15th July 2017, 07:33 AM
Is their a way to get Him to like toys. He scared of the bell. We tired toys with no bells and played with them in front of him.He doesn't seem to like toys at all.
Posted 15th July 2017, 09:34 AM
You can put a mirror in his cage, they like watching their own reflection. Put a perch in front of the mirror for him to sit on, and he will spend a lot of time there.
Posted 15th July 2017, 09:39 AM
And from now on for the rest of his life, you can add the apple cider vinegar to his drinking water 2 or 3 times a week. Also probiotics and vitamins on a regular basis and you will have a healthy bird forever.
Posted 7th August 2017, 11:19 AM
Auraro is doing very well. He love to play on PS4 control with us. He is a very big cuddle bug. Is it possible for Pox to hinder his growth. I now is still very young he just doesn't seem to grown any more. He become very good at eating his seeds and like his romance lettuce. He much more active as well flying around the room exploring the floor when he has free roam time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0533_1502126309468.JPG (1.11 MB, 27 views)
Posted 8th August 2017, 08:11 AM
Amazing what progress he made since that first photo! As long as he's eating well, getting vitamins etc, you know that you are doing the best for him. Maybe pox does intevere with their growth, he's one lucky bird to have survived and that you were there to help him.
Posted 8th August 2017, 07:48 PM
Yes the pox would have held up his growth. His little body was putting it's resources toward getting him through the pox, rather than his growth. He will catch up some now, but may always be a little more on the small side. You have done a great job and can feel good about that.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 8th August 2017, 08:12 PM
I defiantly do me and my husband love him to death. He become our baby to us. His personality is so adorable all ways looking for us very picky with his seeds we have noticed. He seems to behave more around me than my husband. only thing I miss before his Pox took over most of one side of his beak. Is his chirping when he was very small. Sense he doesn't have a whole beak he does try to chirp when he cuddles with me exspecialy when I talk to him. I come to accept his very different chirp or cooing.
Thank for all advice and support you guys have given me. Through his illness. It helped a lot for me and to Aurora as well.
Posted 9th August 2017, 06:11 PM
Aww he's looking fab and I can just imagine how much you love him. He's so lucky to have you and your hubby because I doubt he'd have survived without you. Enjoy your little friend and please update through his milestones - wait til you see him trying to take off in flight, so adorable and funny.
Posted 17th September 2017, 05:21 PM
I thought you guys would like a update on our Aurora. As you probably heard about Irama that hit Florida just recently. He did wondafuly for being still so young through the stress of evacuating his home to move some where safer with me and my husband. He was diffently and some what scared when he heard the gust hitting the shutters. As we had to use flash lights for a couple days for him too see his seeds. He was very talkative during the time constantly cooing to us for comfort. He was diffently a brave dove of ours. He even grown a little bit more and gaining his weight back from fighting his poxs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0603_1505690324017.JPG (522.3 KB, 23 views)
Posted 17th September 2017, 06:17 PM
Oh he's a real little trooper and he's holding out so well - you're doing a wonderful job with this little guy and should be so proud of yourselves.
I'm glad you all came through that awful hurricane, that must have been so scary and upsetting for you all. I hope you didn't suffer much damage because it was frightful what we saw on the news.
I bet he'll soon be at the jumping and flapping stage, that is so adorable to see them running and jumping trying to gain a few inches of flight. He's beautiful and a lucky lil guy undoubtably.
Thanks so much for the update, it's really warmed my heart.
Posted 18th September 2017, 01:35 PM
We some of the lucky ones our home was not too damaged just some water damaged. Now have a slight leaking roof. That for now we using a tarp to prevent more from coming in as we wait for it to be fixed. As Auraro gotten better at Flying he now can turn without crashing. Landing much smoother as well. He loves to lay on me or my husband and take a nap it so cute.