Pigeon-Talk banner
10K views 73 replies 16 participants last post by  Reti 
#1 ·
I have had this King pigeon for 7 weeks now. Here is the thread about him
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=24204

Well, he is still not eating. I am hand feeding him twice a day and he gained about 80gr, he is where he should be 628gr. But he won't touch food.
Today I let him go the whole day without food, nope, he didn't eat or drink. I did eventually give him dinner.
He is standing a bit, he can, but doesn't want to, he is not moving around much, he can fly, but won't.
What is wrong with him?
How can I make him eat?

Reti

#69 ·
They are together in a cage for days now and he is still not eating, but he does look at the food and seems like he would like to, then just goes and sits in the food bowl. He drinks water though, so that is a step fw.
For a couple of days she had stopped eating too and I took them both to the lady from the wildlife center. She didn't find anything wrong with the racer girl. As for Brian she said he has atrofied leg muscles but could't detect any broken leg or pelvic bones. Not of much help, so I still don't know what is wrong with him.

Reti

#72 ·
He still has the lumps, the rehabber thinks they are fat deposits.
Terry, we have bonded a great deal and spend also a lot of time me preening him and he enjoys it, but it is frustrating as I always have to worry to rush home, or get up early so I can feed him. And worst of all, I don't know what is wrong with him. I read the replies, that sometimes it takes them months and then suddenly they start eating, but I still worry he might have a serious problem.

Reti

#73 · (Edited)
Reti,

I know its got to be so frustrating, but you have to put your mind at ease You and understand that right now you are doing everything you can for him, and that is all you can do.

If he is not suffering and seems to be holding his own, that is all you can do. I do hope he does eat on his own. Meanwhile offer him all kinds of snacks-when you can't be there for him, including a bit of endive, kale, carrots.

I would add a cod liver oil cap to his diet once a month, chlorella, barley-milk thistle each day (clean out the liver), and/or alfafla tab, DHLA Nano Plex, Brewers Yeast, Neem oil, probiotic cap, anything you can come up with that will bolster his nutrition and immunities, especially if it is natural. (Garlic and Reishi, a drop of colloidal silver-should you suspect any kind of infection)

You don't really know what is bothering him, so just bombard his body with good things, that doesn't leave side effects. I know that is alot of work, but I can help. Darn, we need to visit. It may be very time consuming and may take months, but it may get results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.