Clicking noise while breathing in a 5 days baby - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 16th June 2019, 10:04 PM

Clicking noise while breathing in a 5 days baby

Hi !
I am new here and very grateful i found you !

I have two young baby here , felt like i did my research .

They are fed on kaytee , in a box containing a heating pad on low with right temp , beeing super careful with temp when im
Feeding ( seringe balloon ) and be careful so it wont get in the nose ... i tough i eard them clicking while breathing since the beginning but now my biggest and strongest one seem to be doing bad and the clicking is louder ... �� i already love them so much . I realy am clueless on what to do what to check at the moment ... need some experienced people ... realy hope i am panicking right now and that its not aspiration pneumonia ��... there is no canker . They had little air in sac 2 days ago that with massaging they disapear (?) but he was doing SO good like 4 hours ago !
please help us

Crackling *** sorry english second langage ...

Last edited by vanessa99; 16th June 2019 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 17th June 2019, 07:51 AM
Welcome to PT. Hopefully someone expert with babies will answer soon. Would worry about aspiration. Hope they do well.
Posted 17th June 2019, 08:51 AM
I am worry about aspiration toi ! He ate ... still
That clicking noise ... wondering if i try antibiotics ... wish some expert could help me soon

Posted 17th June 2019, 10:51 AM
They need to be seen by someone more experienced. We can’t diagnose this based on a description. It definitely could be pneumonia, ruptured air sacs can also make crackling sounds. They can go downhill very quickly if they have pneumonia, I would start treating for it immediately even if you can’t get a diagnosis. You also need to adjust the way you’re feeding; they are more prone to aspirating when they have pneumonia. You’ll either have to tube feed formula or switch to solid food.

I don’t know what you mean by syringe balloon. Can you post a picture?
Posted 17th June 2019, 11:51 AM
I am far from civilization ... i will try to go tomorrow ! I have many antibiotic her what should i give him ? I have amoxi clav , cephalexin , penicillin ?

Ill send a picture i probably have the name wrong i took the metjod recommended her while reading before ...
Posted 17th June 2019, 11:59 AM
Hi,
I am not an expert..
But when does the bird make clicking sound ?
only When it see you ? or even when no one is around ?

baby pigeons make clicking sound first 7-9 days, then they start squeaking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessa99 View Post
Hi !
I am new here and very grateful i found you !

I have two young baby here , felt like i did my research .

They are fed on kaytee , in a box containing a heating pad on low with right temp , beeing super careful with temp when im
Feeding ( seringe balloon ) and be careful so it wont get in the nose ... i tough i eard them clicking while breathing since the beginning but now my biggest and strongest one seem to be doing bad and the clicking is louder ... �� i already love them so much . I realy am clueless on what to do what to check at the moment ... need some experienced people ... realy hope i am panicking right now and that its not aspiration pneumonia ��... there is no canker . They had little air in sac 2 days ago that with massaging they disapear (?) but he was doing SO good like 4 hours ago !
please help us

Crackling *** sorry english second langage ...
Posted 17th June 2019, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdtalk View Post
Hi,
I am not an expert..
But when does the bird make clicking sound ?
only When it see you ? or even when no one is around ?

baby pigeons make clicking sound first 7-9 days, then they start squeaking..
When he breathe out .... having an hard time
Explaining its going like tic tic tic tic when he breathes ... thats why i am going for pneumonia ...

Still pooping and eating ... but something look wrong with the breathing
Posted 17th June 2019, 08:10 PM
Please any expert around ? I could need some info or link to what to look for and what antibio should i start him on ?
Posted 17th June 2019, 10:49 PM
On the forum "backyard chickens" they recommend clavamox for aspiration pneumonia. I've never dealt with something like this before. Unfortunately, can't give a dosage.
Posted 17th June 2019, 11:53 PM
Did some reading on the internet. Dosage will be 12 mg per 100gr birdweight twice daily. So if he weighs 50g, you can give 6 mg twice daily. Hope this helps, hope he survives.
Posted 18th June 2019, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina B View Post
Did some reading on the internet. Dosage will be 12 mg per 100gr birdweight twice daily. So if he weighs 50g, you can give 6 mg twice daily. Hope this helps, hope he survives.
Thank you very much !

I had tonstart something yesterday because he look like he was goong downhill so i started him on cephalexin after reading a lot ... he looks much better this morning ... i hesitated a lot between amoxi clav and cephalexin ... might not be too late to switch ?
Posted 18th June 2019, 09:42 AM
I'm sure it won't be a problem if you switch now. Let us know how is doing.
Posted 18th June 2019, 10:58 AM
Quote:
I'm sure it won't be a problem if you switch now. Let us know how is doing.
But if he is improving , should nt i stay on cephalexin ?
Posted 18th June 2019, 11:12 AM
Yes, rather stick to what you are giving him now. What dosage are you using? There's not a lot of info on the internet regarding aspiration pneumonia. Just in case we encounter this problem again in future.
Posted 18th June 2019, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Yes, rather stick to what you are giving him now. What dosage are you using? There's not a lot of info on the internet regarding aspiration pneumonia. Just in case we encounter this problem again in future.
I just talked on the phone with a vet , that if he is improving to stick on that one ... if there is a change tonstart amoxi clav .

Since its not well absorb by the gi track he told me to higher the dose aa little .. so i split40 mg in 4 daily dose ....(vet) and he is for the moment more vocal and awake than yesterday already ! Eyes looks better , moving more ... so ill stick to that for now and cross my fingers and toes that hell make it !

No not much info on internet for aspiration pneumonia and what to give ....

So thanks

Tags
baby, breathing, clicking, emergency