Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 31st August 2019, 07:22 PM

Combination antiobiotics... effective?

Hey Folks

anyone use, or have luck with combo meds? I want to get antibiotics in pill form and I'm looking at

Tonys Treasure tablets are a 5 in 1 broad spectrum treatment for bacterial infections including Salmonella and E.coli, also Coccidiosis, Canker and other Protozoal diseases, and Ornithosis/ Psittacosis caused by Chlamydia. These tablets will treat most diseases in pigeons that are of non viral origin. Contains Antibiotics, Antiprotozoals and Anticoccidials.
Combination medicine for the oral treatment of poor performance diseases such as respiratory disease, canker, sinusitis, air sacculitis, enteritis, diarrhoea and weight loss.

Composition:

+ Norfloxacin a broad spectrum antibiotic that treats bacterial diseases, including Salmonella, E.coli etc.

+ Ronidazole same as Ronivet, for the antiprotozoal to treat trichomonas, hexamiter, giardia.

+ Diclazuril the coccidiostat

+ Doxycycline as a Chlamydia treatment

Administration and dosage:
ᄏ Give one tablet daily for 3-5 days or until bird recovers. Maximum treatment 10 days.

cheers

Rudy
SF
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HX LW.jpg (164.6 KB, 27 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 1st September 2019, 07:47 PM
Thumbs down

combination of drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyard View Post
Hey Folks

anyone use, or have luck with combo meds? I want to get antibiotics in pill form and I'm looking at

Tonys Treasure tablets are a 5 in 1 broad spectrum treatment for bacterial infections including Salmonella and E.coli, also Coccidiosis, Canker and other Protozoal diseases, and Ornithosis/ Psittacosis caused by Chlamydia. These tablets will treat most diseases in pigeons that are of non viral origin. Contains Antibiotics, Antiprotozoals and Anticoccidials.
Combination medicine for the oral treatment of poor performance diseases such as respiratory disease, canker, sinusitis, air sacculitis, enteritis, diarrhoea and weight loss.

Composition:

+ Norfloxacin a broad spectrum antibiotic that treats bacterial diseases, including Salmonella, E.coli etc.

+ Ronidazole same as Ronivet, for the antiprotozoal to treat trichomonas, hexamiter, giardia.

+ Diclazuril the coccidiostat

+ Doxycycline as a Chlamydia treatment

Administration and dosage:
ᄏ Give one tablet daily for 3-5 days or until bird recovers. Maximum treatment 10 days.

cheers

Rudy
SF
dear rudysf,-it is not advised,-must identify the problem,-and treat accordingly..shotgun method has poor results..-and a definite understanding of each medication..sincerely james waller
Posted 1st September 2019, 08:34 PM
Hi Rudy, I came looking for your post. The 4 in 1 and 5 in 1's don't work well. They normally do not have enough of any one med in them to cure anything. And if they did, they would be getting too much of everything. Because they normally have a lower dose of each med, using them will just build a resistance to the drugs in them. Then when you need to use that drug to cure something, it won't work as there will be a resistance to it. There are single drugs that you would use for different things, but you really do need to have the drug that is recommended for the particular thing you are trying to cure. Also, that is BS that the treatment of 3 days would cure anything.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted 14th September 2019, 04:16 PM
Thanks folks (just now seeing this). Yeah, seems like marketing is at it again. Looking to build up my stock on hand, I'll look for single meds.

thanks!

Tags
antiobiotics