Feathers problem - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 14th November 2019, 11:19 AM
Just to inform you all that she is foing great. She became such a beauty. Her tail is all grown, and all feathers are changed and look beautiful. She flies from closet to closet and is interest in hrrs surroundings. If everything goes good I will let her go in spring because I am not sure if she's yet ready to be out by herself. Now I have anither one who comes to my balcony every morning and who is very sick. I would like to help him too so that he also has happy ending. Please give me your advices on new thread I just stsrted under name Swollen eyes, sivk pigeon please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 17th November 2019, 08:01 AM
Thanks so much for the update!
I'm really glad to hear that she is doing great 😊, that's an excellent news!

Before releasing her next spring, you have to be sure that she has developed excellent flying skills (so the broken wing healed in a good way? That's great! ) and that she is able to eat seeds of all sizes and shapes. How is the foot doing?

Are you thinking about a soft release?

Anyway, great job 😀 !
Posted 17th November 2019, 10:33 AM
She eats only wheat even though she can choose from various seeds. However these are thrown all around and only wheat is eaten. Her foot is fantastic. She really made such great progress from the little bird for which vet told me there is no help and therefore shoul be euthanised, which is refused to beautiful girl whose feathers and tail have fully reknew. In spring I am planning to take her to balcony and let her fly away

Posted 19th November 2019, 05:55 AM
I'm really glad to hear that even the leg is perfect, that's fantastic 😀!

Unfortunately many vets don't treat pigeons or don't know how to care about them...Many of them just want to euthanize them... Your bird is so lucky to have met you!

Before releasing her, you could keep her for some time on your balcony in a safe cage (be careful to predators), this way she could observe the other birds and and all the surroundings. Then you could open the cage and see what happens. Maybe she will leave and come back for food/water (could you leave food/water available on your balcony?), she could also bring her future partner there. She could also decide to stay with you...

Also, before releasing her, I would spray her against parasites.

Keep us updated!

Again, good job 😊!
Posted 19th November 2019, 06:26 AM
I'm glad to hear she is doing well. Give her time in a cage outside (as suggested) to get used to the area and then do a soft release. You will need to keep out food and water for her even after releasing.
Posted 19th November 2019, 10:23 AM
My balcony is a special story 🙂 Every morning I have cca 20-30 pigeons waiting for me to feed them. Since the balcony is small I can't feed them there so I go out and feed them on the roof of nearby garage in front of my building. I have one to which I am specially attached which only has one leg and just two fingers left on that leg. She eats from my hand for almost 2 years. This one which I saved is not from that flock. I found her in the center of my town which is 2-3 km away from my home. However I would release her here so she could be with this flock which I feed. I will definetely do as you recommended. Thank you
Posted 20th November 2019, 06:12 AM
Great 😀 ! I am sure she will be happy with the flock that you feed!

Keep us updated!

Tags
lack of feathers, no feathers