Feral Pigeon, Bright green poop .. need help! - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 20th July 2019, 01:17 PM
You've done a good thing, Pidgie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 21st July 2019, 02:42 AM
His poops have been consistently solid and nice. Every here and then he will have a watery clear pee or mixture but I want to say it’s more from drinking a lot of water. He drinks a fair amount of water. I should be releasing him sometime this week. I wonder if 100 degree weather is too hot for a release or does it not matter ?

www.freewebs.com/clintsloft
Posted 21st July 2019, 12:54 PM
Question

weather-unfavorable??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Pidgy View Post
His poops have been consistently solid and nice. Every here and then he will have a watery clear pee or mixture but I want to say itís more from drinking a lot of water. He drinks a fair amount of water. I should be releasing him sometime this week. I wonder if 100 degree weather is too hot for a release or does it not matter ?
-dear flying pidgy,--temperature does matter,but there are millions of others,all you can do is offer clean,cool water-some food..--pictures you have provided helped/excellent job,.--please send a pm or [email protected] sincerely james waller

Posted 21st July 2019, 12:58 PM
Cool

excellent poops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina B View Post
Perfect! Always wants to make me laugh when one gets excited about good looking pigeon droppings! I know the feeling, always a relieve when they produce that.
dear marina b,--yes-I agree,my same sediments,--excellent,--sincerely james waller
Posted 22nd July 2019, 06:25 AM
Are you going to do a soft release? He just looks so young and vulnerable to me, and the squeaking that he did indicates that he is much younger than 5 months. I don't know your setup, but I would suggest keeping him for another month in an outside aviary if possible. Then do a soft release, he might need to return for food and water.
Posted 23rd July 2019, 04:55 AM
Yes that is a hard call, if he was any younger when you rescued him I would say keep him. Reminder: pigeons in the US are from domestic stock and are not true wild species, so keeping them in a domestic situation is not a bad thing, they live longer with Shelter, regular food and water and vet care when needed. But in this case he was an older youngster , so it could go either way I suppose.

I think the only pigeons I would release back to be feral , would be a sexually mature adult, as they probably have a mate out in their flock and I would try to find that flock near where the bird was rescued if possible.
Posted 23rd July 2019, 03:22 PM
Update: his poops and everything have been consistently perfect for a week. He is going through puberty ..

He has been anxious to get out now and i could feel he is telling me its time to go !

I gave him enough food to eat and drank plenty and released him at work where I found him. He ROCKETED out and circled around and sat up high on a building and flew up and left again. He has seen the environment so he may be back sometimes for food and water which i'll supply for him.

He definitely has his wild feral side intact. He also gained a few ounces and hes now half a pound prior to feeding.

I'm really happy that he recovered and can go on in his life. I hope he will remember that he was saved

www.freewebs.com/clintsloft