Found an injured pigeon - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 22nd August 2019, 12:31 AM
Hi Lokafy.
Sounds like everything is going well. I can't offer you expert advice. The people here can though!
I rescued my first pigeon and was successful due to the advice found here quite some time ago.
Good luck with your new friend. I mean friend too. Pigeons, I have found, are incredible animals capable of affection, empathy and loyalty.
Strangest thing is, once you have rescued one, more will come to you for help. Or so it seems to me... best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 22nd August 2019, 02:00 AM
Thank you, I hope he can recover quick. He’s eating and drinking well now. He still can’t stand unfortunately. His legs seem fine and I can feel him push down with his feet when I hold him. I’m pretty sure he can hold his weight if he tried. But when I try to help him stand he doesn’t even try at all to balance himself and stand. He just leans over and let’s himself fall (i don’t let him fall though). I’m not sure what’s wrong. He puts no effort at all into trying to hold himself up. I guess I’ll wait a few more days and see if anything happens. As for the wing, it’s still seems the same, like i said it already seemed like he had the wound for a little while before I found him. So when he tries to flap his wings (every here and there) he’s only able to flap the good one. Only thing I could do is keep it clean. If he only he’d put that effort into trying to stand lol. My main goal is to get him to stand atleast. I can’t imagine him not being able to stand anymore, flying no more is one thing but standing as well would be very unfortunate. So hopefully it is just weakness right now and it’s only a matter of time before he gets his strength back.