Found Pigeon - needs help ASAP - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 17th October 2016, 11:02 AM

Found Pigeon - needs help ASAP

I'm in York County PA... Wildlife rescue says they don't help with pigeons, County SPCA not open today (left message, maybe they'll call back)
Pigeon does not have a leg band, looks fat and happy but can't seem to fly or walk - I have it in a box in my office so it wouldn't get run over in the parking lot. It looks like it's panting but won't take water - what do I do with it??? I can't keep it!

It also seems awfully friendly and not at all afraid of people to be a wild bird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 17th October 2016, 07:34 PM
Thank you for helping him! Can you keep him long enough for people to try to find him a home and figure out why he's not flying? He might be tired or have another problem. Does he have seed, grit, and water and is he warm? If you can put him indoors in a cage away from predators that would really help. Photos would really help,too. Thanks...you are his only hope. Sounds like a lost pet pigeon.
Posted 17th October 2016, 07:39 PM
Where did you find him when he was friendly with you? What was he doing?

Posted 17th October 2016, 08:14 PM
He was sitting in my work parking lot, I walked past him and he didn't run away or even move. He climbed right into my hand when I approached him. When I brought him inside and put him down he just couldn't hold himself upright and was falling off balance, but if he had a blanket to sit on he was able to hold himself upright... He didn't like being inside in the box though. I had him about 1.5 hours and the SPCA finally did call me back with a local persons phone number but before they could get there he died. He was just sitting there quietly, then I heard him flapping for a few seconds and when I went to check the box he had passed already.

Very strange. (and no band)
Posted 17th October 2016, 08:50 PM
Am very sorry to hear he didn't make it. Thank you for helping comfort him and seeking a place for him.

Tags
pigeon rescue