Help severe Pigeon pox - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 28th May 2019, 02:59 AM
It might take another 3 weeks for the pox to clear up. Just take things one day at a time. As long as no new pox lesions are forming. It's good that it is turning black and brown, busy drying up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 29th May 2019, 10:44 PM
He is eating and drinking normally today only thing is as he can't see I am hand feeding him but he seems always hungry. I'm feeding sprouted Bengal gram in the morning frozen peas in the afternoon and sweet corn in the evening... with vitamin minerals supplements and calcium... I'm putting probiotic and ACV in his drinking water alternative days. Though he is drinking very little.poops are fine internal pox increased a little bit external are brown on the top yellow at the bottom... he is not growing well in length and width... he is stressed by the pox lesions. God knows what will happen but I'm trying my best
Posted 30th May 2019, 12:32 AM
Pox lesions are brown on top but white in the root. Feel like they're getting bigger... he can't close his mouth properly... no new lesion but they are not decreasing in size... I'm depressed... I want him to live want him to fly up in the sky

Posted 30th May 2019, 03:43 AM
He will fly again, with your help. Just be patient and continue handfeeding him. A baby that size can be fed 90 peas a day. 30 peas 3 times daily. The only reason for euthanizing will be when he is having trouble breathing. Plse be patient with him.
Posted 30th May 2019, 06:37 PM
Last two years ago I rescued a pigeon with pox all around his eyes and beak.
There were many poxes and it was big. I crushed the clover of garlic to get a very little juice out of it and rub it on the poxes but make sure it's not touching or too close to the eyes area and make sure the juice of the garlic don't touch the skin either because it is very hot and will burn their eyes and skin. I treated my pigeon twice a day for 5 days and I stopped than about 2 weeks later the poxes peeled off by themselves and very clean. Even now when I saw him he still looks very healthy! I'm very happy I could helped him!
Posted 30th May 2019, 09:49 PM
Let me start the garlic treatment from today
Posted 30th May 2019, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the advise! If one can mix the garlic juice with a cream (that won't irritate him) it might be easier to apply.
Posted 31st May 2019, 10:19 PM
The pox lesion on the second eye increased may be he will lose sight both of his eyes. Some lesions are dark brown and stiff but they are still not falling off. I dunno why the lesion on the pupil increasing... I have done everything under the earth
Posted 31st May 2019, 11:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. Pox must be the most horrible disease any pigeon can get. I'm sure his eyes will be perfect once all the pox dry up and fall off. The pox are on the eyelid, not the eyes itself.

His beak might be a bit disfigured. We had a threat a while ago where the beak was a bit disfigured after the pigeon recovered from pox. But he learned to eat by himself.

Try to be more patient, I know it must be difficult. You have achieved what most people couldn't do. You've kept him alive for so long, he deserves to live. Wish I was there to encourage and help you.
Posted 1st June 2019, 01:33 AM
He is 1 month 8 days old now. He can walk and jump, in the morning he will go to the kitchen call me up and sit on the sofa. He can't fly and I don't insist him. Cause other pigeon outside may get infected. Right now he's sleeping in my neck. I'm depressed for his eyes, he so full of life. His beak with lesion on it got little smaller than the lower one. I will take care of that, he's a bundle of joy. Thank you Marina B for your inspiring message. We're miles apart but I sometimes pay visit to US ... may be next time I will collect some avian medicines there. Please pray for him.
Posted 1st June 2019, 01:50 AM
He sounds adorable! I'm in South Africa btw.
Posted 2nd June 2019, 07:14 PM
Pox started drying 7 days past. Drying, but the second eye lid became swollen... I dunno what if his both eyes closed. Eating normally drinking little, poop is okay. Still energetic but sometimes he get depressed ruffles up and sit alone in a corner but happy when people are around him. Always wants to cuddle up
Posted 2nd June 2019, 10:06 PM
From an YouTube site someone suggested to put a mixture of lime with potassium permanganate on the lesions... is it okay? Should I?
Posted 3rd June 2019, 04:16 AM
Are you keeping him warm enough? Put a hotwaterbottle in with him where he sleeps, just make sure he can move away if he is too hot.

I've seen those video's about the potassium permanganate. Have never tried it, maybe you can. Dab some on one of the growths, if he doesn't seem uncomfortable then you can do the rest.

Also, keep on doing regular checks inside his beak for canker growths.
Posted 3rd June 2019, 04:41 AM
Inside his beak I can see growths but not at the back of the throat but growth attached to the lesions. Whitish. What should I do?

Tags
canker cure, help baby pigeon, pox cure, urgent advice