Help severe Pigeon pox - Page 4 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 5th June 2019, 11:52 PM
I"m not familiar with all those meds. I would only give the metro. Rather go for 40 mg once a day. Pity you can't get Nystatin. Nothing similar available at the pharmacy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 6th June 2019, 12:17 AM
Marina B look @my previous message I have mentioned some other anti fungal drugs like fluconazole, itraconazole, clotrimazole, terbinafine, enilconazole, and amphotericin B could you check before I buy any one of those. I have checked his mouth. It is yellow cheesy all over ... I have administered Metro... then Vitamins and an electrolyte solution
Posted 6th June 2019, 12:19 AM
I had to force feed him ...I felt bad he was shouting like hell... now after food he looks energetic

Posted 6th June 2019, 03:16 AM
Sorry, was on the road for 3 hours. Fluconazole will be fine to use. Dosage on internet: 2-5 mg/ kg SID for 7 days. I will do some more reading later today and let you know whatI can find on the internet.
Posted 6th June 2019, 04:24 AM
Thanks Marina B I'm buying Fluconazole but will administrate after your message. Take care.
Posted 6th June 2019, 05:46 AM
So I guess 0.5 mg once a day will be fine. I've never used the product before. I really hope he survives, he has been through so much in his short life.
Posted 7th June 2019, 02:44 AM
I gave him fluconazole yesterday... .5 means soooooo little I have to dab in a pea and administrate... today he is same as before unwilling to eat and drink... I'm force feeding him frozen peas. Gave him probiotic water but he is not drinking... once I put the water with syringe... morning I'm giving him metro 40mg. Today I saw while pooping the lesion in the cloaca is bleeding slightly...I washed and put some providone iodine... that's all I'm feeding him twice now as he has a slow crop now and his poop smells like vinegar today
Posted 7th June 2019, 02:55 AM
I've read once if one put meds inside a pea, then it doesn't get absorbed as well as putting it straight inside the beak. I would rather give the meds seperate. If you think the dosage is too low, give him slightly more.
Posted 7th June 2019, 02:58 AM
Can you get hold of baby applesauce? Slightly warm up, dip each pea inside the sauce and then feed to him. Will be a bit messy, but might help with the crop.
Posted 7th June 2019, 06:25 AM
Actually the tab comes in 50mg so .5mg means I had to break and make a powder. So I thought to put it in a pea. Do you have any other idea? Right now I have put it inside his beak. His beak is open due to pox lesion, that's a problem and the powder is too little. Applesauce is unavailable in India but I can make it at home. Let me check the recipe.
Posted 7th June 2019, 06:39 AM
Rather take a small piece of bread, wet it a bit and roll in the powder. Then put this in his beak as you would feed a pea.
Posted 9th June 2019, 02:23 AM
How is your baby doing?
Posted 9th June 2019, 07:59 AM
He lost the battle today. He indeed was a fighter! Hail my dear! Find peace!
Posted 9th June 2019, 09:35 AM
I'm so sorry you lost him. I know it's not easy. You've done a lot for this baby, bless you for that. RIP little one!
Posted 9th June 2019, 11:15 AM
He was taking deep long breaths... I gave him more warmth... gave him electrolyte... some peas... he was walking again... but again collapsed... deep long breath and all finished. It's night time I put him in front of Almighty... tomorrow I will cremate him. Before I end the thread ... do you have or know any site or company or individual who can ship Nystatin in Kolkata, India. For any future problems

Tags
canker cure, help baby pigeon, pox cure, urgent advice