Help severe Pigeon pox - Page 5 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 9th June 2019, 11:16 AM
I'm really really sorry you lost him. I know, it's always a big pain.
Stay strong, a big hug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 9th June 2019, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry you lost him. Just came on today to check on a few threads, and when I read that he was not doing well, I thought he may not make it. I'm really sorry, I know how hard you tried. Sometimes it is worse than we realize and we cannot save them.Thanks for trying so hard for him.

There are two forms of Avian Pox:
⦁ In the more common cutaneous (dry) form, wart-like growths appear on the featherless areas of the body such as around the eye, the base of the beak, and on the legs and feet.
⦁ Self-limiting infection with lesions eventually regressing; the scab fall off and scars form at the site. This process usually takes 2 to 4 weeks for complete healing of the affected areas (providing the lesions aren't so extensive that they prevent the bird from feeding)
⦁ In the second diphtheritic (wet) form, plaques develop on the mucous membrane of the mouth, throat, trachea, and lungs, resulting in impaired breathing and difficulty in feeding.
Secondary infections often develop, which ultimately lead to an infected bird's death.
https://www.beautyofbirds.com/avianpox.html

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 9th June 2019, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumanaC View Post
He was taking deep long breaths... I gave him more warmth... gave him electrolyte... some peas... he was walking again... but again collapsed... deep long breath and all finished. It's night time I put him in front of Almighty... tomorrow I will cremate him. Before I end the thread ... do you have or know any site or company or individual who can ship Nystatin in Kolkata, India. For any future problems

If you google Medistatin, it is the same as the Nystatin and is sold by some bird supplies, but not all. It is powder that you mix with water, and would be better as the powder would be usable longer than a suspension. Maybe someone ships to India.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Posted 9th June 2019, 01:09 PM
Poor baby. I think it was the pox inside the beak that caused him having trouble breathing.

I've just googled "Nystatin oral suspension online India" and there's a few sites where you can order it from. All in India.
Posted 9th June 2019, 10:37 PM
Thank you everybody for all your support. Marina B was beside me from the very beginning.This is the first time I've seen a baby dying of pox. I should get Nystatin or Medistatin for any future yeast problem in the loft.

Tags
canker cure, help baby pigeon, pox cure, urgent advice