How To Find A Rehabber Or Veterinarian - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Posted 3rd April 2015, 01:24 AM
Smile

Finding white King pigeons

Wished I had all this great info when I stumbled upon an injured white King almost 12 years ago. It had a broken wing and would not leave my driveway. My vet told me she was old and probably would not survive. At any rate, I took her in and built her an indoor coop. Wish I hadnt listened to the vet because the wing was never repaired. She (well, figured out years later it was a "he") is doing fine. He is very tame, loves to be held and stroked on his head and back, and is very vocal with cooing/dancing all these years later. He may have slowed down a bit, but he has outlived all my other house pets. Surprisingly, he gets along with dogs and other house birds, though they are kept separate. The pigeon had colored bands on his feet but nothing written on the bands. I tried to research its origin but got no replies. I assumed it was a racing bird or perhaps a wedding bird that got lost or that was attacked by a predator. Either way, he has gotten a lot of love and a great home. I am no bird expert but if you find one and cannot find its owner, get a coop or decent sized cage, feed it pigeon food, and change the flooring and water daily. And give them attention daily. In no time, they will respond to you like you are their mother. He looks at me, often blinks and falls asleep in my hands.and they are very clean too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 4th April 2015, 07:51 AM

pigeon care

I agree with you. they are wonderful birds and for the most part very clean.
Closed Thread

Tags
advocate, rehabber, veterinarian. injured

You may also search for:

People searched for this, also searched for these:

pigeon rehabber
injured mourning dove rehabber
pigeon rehabber nevada