Injured, unable to stand and blood in stool - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 5th November 2016, 07:42 AM

Injured, unable to stand and blood in stool

Hello,
One of my pigeons (indian Lokkha, age 3 months) fell behind my wardrobe and got injured. Now she can't stand up and blood in the stool. She has got very panicked. Whenever we go near her, she tries to move with her wings, but her legs are totally disabled. She eats and drinks water in little. It has been 2 days.

Can you please advice what treatment and medication to do? Shall i apply antibiotic?

Thanks in advance..
Akhsan, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 5th November 2016, 08:15 AM
Poor birdie. Can you pls post a photo so we can see how she might be hurt and make suggestions? Am hoping she is still just upset and will be better soon. If she is eating that us very good.
Posted 5th November 2016, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't give antibiotics. That won't help, and will just mess with her gut. She may have internal injuries, or broken her spine. Can't really know without xrays and a good vet.
If that isn't possible, then I would keep her warm and quiet in a cage, without bright lighting. Make her a little nest to nestle in, and make sure she can reach her feed and water easily. Like I said, she needs a vet, but if you can't get her to one, just give her time and see if she recovers.

Do the legs look or feel as though they are broken? Any cuts or wounds?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Last edited by Jay3; 5th November 2016 at 01:34 PM..

Posted 5th November 2016, 01:42 PM
No advice from me as I wouldn't know what to suggest but I hope she recovers from this awful accident. Poor little love.
Posted 5th November 2016, 01:54 PM
Yes, I hope she does too. Hard to find a good vet over there, which makes it worse.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 9th November 2016, 04:09 AM
Smile

Recovered a lot

She has recovered a lot. Her droppings have beccome normal now. She is walking here and there (even comes to my drawing room and sneaks!). Her wings are still not fully working, though she can jump up to 1 feet hight. I didnot give her any medicine. Just wiped her below areas covered with droppings with Viodin. I also followed Jay3's advice. Kept her in separate place with food and water. I am sure she will get well fully soon.

I could not reply as I was too busy with my office works these days. I thank you all for your concern. Take care..

Last edited by makhsan; 9th November 2016 at 04:19 AM..
Posted 9th November 2016, 07:49 AM
Very glad to hear she is better!
Posted 9th November 2016, 10:38 AM
I'm glad she is doing better. Hope she continues to improve. I hope she get calcium/D3 supplementation, and probiotics, as these things are important to her being healthy and healing well.

Tags
blood in stool, injured, unable to stand