Lumps on eye - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 28th September 2019, 05:12 AM

Lumps on eye

I’ve had this guy for almost two months and plan on keeping him the vet originally cleared him of internal viruses. He has deformed feet but anyways he has these lumps on his eye seem to be growing they aren’t oozy and I’ve been checking inside his mouth and body nothing else is there when I first got him the lumps were small he eats and drinks fine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F405605D-0167-4EE8-B90F-B07DC0FDA02A_1569669143710.jpg (100.5 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 28th September 2019, 07:32 PM
Question

3-lumps near eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonJelly View Post
Iíve had this guy for almost two months and plan on keeping him the vet originally cleared him of internal viruses. He has deformed feet but anyways he has these lumps on his eye seem to be growing they arenít oozy and Iíve been checking inside his mouth and body nothing else is there when I first got him the lumps were small he eats and drinks fine
dear lemonjelly,--you gotta friend for life,-I believe the 3 lumps are from a virus,worthy of interest due to the closeness of the eye..did the avian exotic dvm see the lumps.??-and I am curious about clearing of the internal viruses.?-watch the poops-should be dark green with a little white spot on top.--sincerely james waller-ps good job
Posted 28th September 2019, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswaller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonJelly View Post
I’ve had this guy for almost two months and plan on keeping him the vet originally cleared him of internal viruses. He has deformed feet but anyways he has these lumps on his eye seem to be growing they aren’t oozy and I’ve been checking inside his mouth and body nothing else is there when I first got him the lumps were small he eats and drinks fine
dear lemonjelly,--you gotta friend for life,-I believe the 3 lumps are from a virus,worthy of interest due to the closeness of the eye..did the avian exotic dvm see the lumps.??-and I am curious about clearing of the internal viruses.?-watch the poops-should be dark green with a little white spot on top.--sincerely james waller-ps good job[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pigeons.biz/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

His poops are normal when he went to the vet his lumps weren’t prominent enough for us to notice I guess the vet tested his poops I guess he’ll need to go back for a second opinion if this doesn’t clear up anything I can do for him before then? He’s a huge cuddle bug

Posted 4th October 2019, 04:54 AM
Fatty deposits in the eye cere... just make sure he is not getting too high fat in his diet.. like peanuts and safflower seed, sunflowers..
Posted 6th October 2019, 03:52 AM
I have seen these as side effects (lumps on the eyelid and feet) of certain antibiotics and also due to the high fatty foods. Pearl millet is the best food right now. If you want to incorporate some oilseeds, then Black mustard seeds are very good because of good sulphur content. Important thing is the quantity which is-

1 teaspoon of pearl millet kernels with 10-20 kernels (a pinch) of black mustard seeds. One can get the idea about the ratio from that. If a pigeon is eating 3 tsp of pearl millet daily then multiply by 3.

Pigeons love the pearl millet and especially the black mustard seeds. Black mustard seeds also keep them warm and healthy.

If the digestion is good then it's rocking, if not, get a liver tonic named BROTONE vet from Virbac company and give 2-4 drops once a day. If brotone is not available then kindly search for another liver tonic with same composition. Many fold blessings to your Bird.