One egg only, PLEASE HELP - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 30th January 2019, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygrey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by husain110 View Post
what if the test is negative, what else should i also test for, i am draining all my savings for these test, i want to get them right. I mean the other possible alternate diseases that cluld have the same sysmtom.

Thanks for helping me
i would do research online, here is a link to symptoms and possible diseases. With pigeons sometimes you have to be your own doctor. Checking the droppings and crop culture are two things used to detect disease and parasites, but that is not always 100% accurate, so observing symptoms closely and these lab tests is what you have to work with.

Here is the link:
http://www.chevita.com/en/pigeons/symptoms/index.php
god bless you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 30th January 2019, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husain110 View Post
god bless you
My pleasure, try to relax and donít stress over things you can not control. Just read and try your best.
Posted 6th February 2019, 09:02 PM
There appears to be more than one issue going on here:
1. With salmonella contamination, the young can die in the shell, and usually before the embryo is well-formed. The formerly pearlish-pinkish white eggs turn a rather dark grayish color. If you have babies starting to pip out of the shell but die in the process, that's easily cured with a couple of drops of iodine in a gallon of drinking water every ten days or so. I assume you're providing grit with oyster shell. If not, you should. You might also provide a tablespoon of calcium gluconate in a gallon of drinking water 2-3 days a week during breeding season.

2. There is a good cure for salmonella (aka paratyphoid) in pigeons. It's called something like "Typhoid Cure" and is carried by JEDDS bird and pigeon supply in California, USA. Catalog is online. The stuff isn't cheap, but will treat over 100 pigeons. The salmonella vaccine isn't cheap either, and is supposed to be re-vaccinated every six months.

3. Multiple pairs laying only one egg is odd. If it were caused by salmonella, you should find that some of your hens are laying no eggs. If several hens are laying just one, that can be a hormonal issue, particularly if you're feeding some sort of different pelletted feed.

Posted 7th February 2019, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller Tom View Post
There appears to be more than one issue going on here:
1. With salmonella contamination, the young can die in the shell, and usually before the embryo is well-formed. The formerly pearlish-pinkish white eggs turn a rather dark grayish color. If you have babies starting to pip out of the shell but die in the process, that's easily cured with a couple of drops of iodine in a gallon of drinking water every ten days or so. I assume you're providing grit with oyster shell. If not, you should. You might also provide a tablespoon of calcium gluconate in a gallon of drinking water 2-3 days a week during breeding season.

2. There is a good cure for salmonella (aka paratyphoid) in pigeons. It's called something like "Typhoid Cure" and is carried by JEDDS bird and pigeon supply in California, USA. Catalog is online. The stuff isn't cheap, but will treat over 100 pigeons. The salmonella vaccine isn't cheap either, and is supposed to be re-vaccinated every six months.

3. Multiple pairs laying only one egg is odd. If it were caused by salmonella, you should find that some of your hens are laying no eggs. If several hens are laying just one, that can be a hormonal issue, particularly if you're feeding some sort of different pelletted feed.
Thank you for replying

I do give them lugols idoine from global but once a month.

The reason i am scared with salmonella is through out my hobby years i have seen some cases in my loft, but symptoms are very obvious and certain.
I took a local vet pharmacy advice and gave them amoxicillin for 5 days i did not see any results.

As for the hormones i think i cant control that. I never give them pellets. I uses verselle laga grain mix. Different types usually all the seeds are just mixed.
All though now 2 clutch for some i see 2 eggs.

I will be going ahead with the egg and dropping cluture for one pair and fleet treat the rest. The other sad part is i cant import salmonella vaccine in dubai its illegal too many complains(according to my pharmacy). Though i can import as many supplements and meds usually through mercas
Posted 14th February 2019, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygrey View Post
Quote:
god bless you
My pleasure, try to relax and don’t stress over things you can not control. Just read and try your best.
UPDATE
Got the eggs cultured they tested negative for salmonella but positive for e coli. Any help which med i should go for?

After test is there still a possibility for salmonella still to be present?

Thanks
Posted 18th February 2019, 05:11 AM
Very Interesting! Can you send a flock fecal sample to them for testing? You would have to collect random areas in the loft that are fresh. If you do as they conclude, management is important. A breeding area with single birds, stressed hens and bully type birds can kill hatchlings and disturb eggs, and also rodents at night.
Posted 30th April 2019, 05:08 AM
Oh its salmonella. The Haberfield veterinarian who checked your bird must have given you medications.

URL: Haberfield veterinarian
Posted 30th April 2019, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygethes View Post
Oh its salmonella. The Haberfield veterinarian who checked your bird must have given you medications.
Hello,
I apologize i dont know any haberfield,
I too believe it is salmonella.

Thanks for the help

Husain
Posted 1st May 2019, 12:36 PM
They found e-coli, not salmonella. Why are you insisting on it being salmonella? That makes no sense.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 1st May 2019, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
They found e-coli, not salmonella. Why are you insisting on it being salmonella? That makes no sense.
Thanks for replying to me jay, it means alot.
Its true the test does say ecoli positive.
I am going to use a product from belgavet
Called floroxine.
I hope i have luck, i am not trying to use ciprofloxacin.
Posted 2nd May 2019, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Thank you for replying

About 8 pairs all of them gave me a single egg, one did lay 2 both fertile but failed to hatch. They sit ahout 20 to 28 days max. All off them are 2017 birds.

I have given them amoxicillin for 5 days and them probiotics.
I live in Dubai where the weather is cloudy and little windy.
I have no idea what is going on with your pairs, but it could be anything from what kind of breeding area you have to the food you are feeding.
Breeding areas with pairs only. With Enough room not to fight. Cramped over populated lofts make for poor breeding.

Nesting boxes that allow the male to defend the nest easily without trampling the nest.

A secure loft that has no mice or rats, they eat eggs.

Food source needs to be clean with at least 16%protein, proper pigeon legumes, seeds and grains .

Calcium, this is lacking in the pigeon diet and hens need it to form eggs in their body.
Posted 2nd May 2019, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Called floroxine.

Never heard of Floroxine. What is it used for?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 2nd May 2019, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Quote:
Called floroxine.

Never heard of Floroxine. What is it used for?
Floroxine Plus, highly effective treatment against coccidiosis and other bacterial infections.

A man overheard my conversation about my results at the animal pharmacy so he suggested i go for floroxine.
I believe only few company's are offering this. The man told me since they are no vaccine here, we tend to look for something we can use more than once a year.
I have not tried it yet waiting for a dewormer to arrive.

Thanks
Posted 5th May 2019, 05:36 AM
Quote:
I treated them with amoxicillin for 5 days from verselle laga.
Use a vet special solution to clean the loft every 48 hours or so
Drinkers and feed tray after every meal.
I believe its ecoli could it be

Thanks for helping me dear
It is hard to say without actually getting a flock fecal test done.

I would look at the feed and calcium that is given or what is lacking in their diet perhaps , or loft security where rats or mice can get in and eat eggs . Stress of the birds . Age of the hens , what breed they are, perhaps genetic factors as well.
Posted 10th August 2019, 02:56 AM
Guys
Is it possible to combine sulpha trimethprim and enrofloxacin.

This would mean that my birds now get 3 antibiotics for roughly14 days.
The reason is i just managed to get a vaccine called mycosalmovir from poland.

Please guys any help.