PMV Pigeon recovered and want to leave (Las Vegas) - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 15th December 2016, 09:44 PM
Question

PMV Pigeon recovered and want to leave (Las Vegas)

Greetings!
this is a follow up from a thread I started on April
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f20/he...gas-79146.html

The bird seem to be recoveredy from the whole ordeal, however it STILL does the neck twisting thing time to time, just not often as before.

We bought the cage for the bird and it been living it in since with regular clean up and feedings of seeds and corn.

Lately I've noticed that the bird been wanting to leave the cage, when it did it would attempt to fly but all it would do is flapping the wing on the ground for good solid 2-3 min and then fall to the side and cause a fit. I've let it out a couple time to see if it could even take off a little but it would just end up the same every time.

the neck twisting still persist and I don't think it can fly anytime soon, even if it does it might end up falling into people backyard where dog and cat could get it or injure it self, so I've been keeping it from leaving the cage.

What should I do, should I keep it in the cage even though it want to leave?
it felt like a pet at this point considering how long it been with us and I'm happy to have it company, but I don't have any kind of paper or license to take care of pigeon and Idk if it even legal. Also feel bad kind of keeping it here against it will (even though technically it can't fly or leave in anyway..)

Also I made a box of wheat straws and cloths nest for it to sit in because it've gotten cold, the bird seem to really like it but I'm not sure if I should do anything else considering it been getting very cold, I also feed it corns but i'm not sure if enough, advice needed if there is anything I'm missing.

Thank you for your help and advise in advance.

Merry Christmas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 16th December 2016, 03:10 AM
I'm not an expert but I think you should keep him, he's been caged for almost a year so I don't think he could even survive on his own, plus the head twisting makes it worse.

Maybe try getting him a bigger cage? also give him some outside time, and by outside I don't mean outdoors, but to take him out of the cage and let him walk around/fly inside your home for a few hours a day. You could also get him a friend/mate so that he doesn't feel so lonely.

Tags
pigeon pmv fly