Poorly pigeon - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 25th October 2019, 08:52 AM

Poorly pigeon

Please help someone, my normally happy pigeon looks unhappy and has watery white poop, he has puffed his feathers out and has just been standing for hours, he normally sits down on his bed. I'm really worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 25th October 2019, 09:53 PM
Can be one of many things. Is she a female? Do you give regular vitamins esp calcium in the drinking water? Females can get eggbound if they have a lack of calcium.

If you know a decent avian vet, try to take her there.
Posted 26th October 2019, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzabella View Post
Please help someone, my normally happy pigeon looks unhappy and has watery white poop, he has puffed his feathers out and has just been standing for hours, he normally sits down on his bed. I'm really worried.
What kind help are asking for?

Recommendation for a vet in your area?

A diagnosis just from a description? Which can’t be done over the internet really.

There could be a whole list of illnesses and each person can have their guess, but that does not help the pigeon.

If you ask for a vet recommendation, make another thread with that question in the title with your location.

A quick google search turned up one of a few... you can do the same and call around.
https://www.abbeyvetgroupbarnsley.co..._campaign=yell

Last edited by Ladygrey; 26th October 2019 at 10:26 AM..

Posted 27th October 2019, 07:04 AM
Hi, if there is a bird shop in your location you could ask for an avian vet there. As they sell birds they usually have a trusted vet (I found my French vet this way).

You can also give a look here

https://www.pigeonrescue.co.uk/vets.htm

and, if you are on Facebook, ask for a vet on FB

https://www.pigeonrescue.co.uk/findusonfacebook.htm

In the meanwhile I would look inside his beak/throat with a flashlight. Do you notice something yellowish or whitish? Any bad smell?
As others said there could be many options but, in any case, when I rescue a new bird or I notice something strange I always check the throat.

I hope that you can find a good vet.
Please keep us updated.

Last edited by Colombina; 27th October 2019 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: Grammar reason