Rescued Pigeon Making Gulping/puking sounds - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 25th August 2019, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4AX View Post
Everybody knows that pigeons make strange sounds, that doesn't mean they know every kind of sound they can make. I'm only trying to find out if the bird is sick or not, and being rude is not going to get me anywhere. Sorry if you're just having a bad day.
The sounds are strange to people who have not been around pigeons, you said you had not been around pigeons . So I gathered the pigeon is most likely making normal pigeon sounds. But you wanted to not see that. So I had to ask again.

The vet did not prescribe anything for a sour crop so I assumed this pigeon is making normal sounds that you are labeling strange and or puking as you think it is sick.

I guessed you probably didnít know. There was no intention of being rude as you want to see it.. just factual.

It seems the pigeon is most likely fine.

Last edited by Ladygrey; 25th August 2019 at 01:30 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 25th August 2019, 10:06 PM
Perfect normal sounds for a pigeon. You can put down a mirror for him and check his reaction. A male will often act aggressive towards a mirror image and a female won't. It might help him feeling less lonely.
Posted 25th September 2019, 01:41 PM
Ok so it's been a while now and his droppings are now changing forms and colors by the day.

Might he perhaps be sick with something else? We think there might be a problem with the crop, we are getting it checked by someone more knowledgeable tomorrow. Still think he's a bit skinny, you can feel the chestbone pretty easily. I have been giving him small calcium rocks doesn't seem like it is working, any other ideas?

Posted 25th September 2019, 10:06 PM
The dropping in the bottom right photo does not look too bad. How long did you treat him for canker and what was the dosage? Did you give him the Nystatin for yeast infection? The apple cider vinegar and probiotics in the drinking water should be an ongoing thing. Twice or 3 times a week to keep the good gut bacteria in place.
Posted 26th September 2019, 06:06 AM
Is this bird still sick?
Posted 26th September 2019, 03:37 PM
We have not given him nyastin yet, his poop was fine after the cure until now. My mom has been in charge of giving him apple cider vinegar, well it turns out she didn't give him apple cider vingegar last week, I think that might have been the cause of the problem. Altough he is sneezing quite a bit but so is everyone in my room. My room is quite dusty is that also problem for pigeons?
Posted 27th September 2019, 03:32 AM
You might have underdosed him with the metro for canker. Give him some fresh air and the acv and see how he is responding. Keep on doing regular checkups in his throat, but keep in mind the canker does not always show up in the throat.

Tags
cooing, gulping, puking