Tricho plus dosage - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 26th July 2019, 12:45 AM
Decided to let him out today too, since I am home with a cold. He seems to be defending himself fine, he even ruffled at my mated male and chased him away (his face might have done the trick rather that his scrawny self). He wandered the house a little, bumped against the kitchen window in an attempt to get out, and then I caught him and took him back to the balcony to try convince him to eat, as I had not seen him doing it. He settled dejectedly on the door and just snoozed, looking miserable.

Then some feral pigeons came at my window and I gave them some seed to see what he does. He came down from the door, trying to peck with them (I have grates at the window, large enough spaced for them to stick their heads out). I decided to get his seed bowl there - and he proceeded in eating with the others (they can stick their heads inside in the bowl too). They left now, but he's still eating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 6th August 2019, 01:34 PM
Although my baby pigeon still frets in front of the window trying to escape every day, he started exploring the house for 2 days (I encouraged him a little). So far my other pigeons did not attack him. My husband told me he took a long bath yesterday, after seeing my other pigeons bathing. That would be his first. Yesterday I saw him staying for a while on the wardrobe door where my mate-less pigeon - Blue is sleeping usually, and to my surprise, Blue didn't seem to mind, he was just cooing inside the wardrobe. Today the little one went briefly in the wardrobe, though on the other side of the shelf from Blue and Blue still didn't mind him.

I'm worried about his eye. Even if I've been putting some antibiotic drops in it every day, it doesn't seem to heal properly, and in the last few days it looks a little swollen.
Is there any solution that would help? I'm glad it's finally open, but I don't like that swelling.
https://i.imgur.com/s9LWXv1.jpg (open image in another tab)
(we cleaned the seed at his beak after the pic, they sometimes get a little stuck).
Posted 8th September 2019, 07:43 AM
Pepper - as I baptized the little crooked beak pigeon has gotten used to living indoors, but the beak has gotten even more scissored than in the start, and the eye on that side is always a little ragged. Pepper eats, preens and bathes on his own.

I still don't know its gender, but Honey - my hen seems to be the only one that has a problem with Pepper. They sometimes quarrel and while Pepper seems to be holding his (her?) ground, I'm always worried about him/her getting hurt. Is quarelling with another hen a sign that Pepper could also be a hen? He/she follows my single male pigeon around, and twitches his wings at him, but he doesn't seem interested (while calling for a wife all day long). Honey is usually really shy.

Is there anything I can do about the scissored beak?

Last edited by Saphira; 8th September 2019 at 07:47 AM..

Tags
canker, rhonidazole