Urgent help required !!! ( part 2) - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Crisis - Emergency! > Sick or Injured Pigeon and Dove Discussions

Notices

Posted 29th August 2019, 04:32 AM

Urgent help required !!! ( part 2)

Hi all! This is the continuation of my previous thread ďUrgent help required!!!Ē which was closed due to some unwanted exchange of conversations. I opened a new one to keep all the well wishers of my pigeon, updated.

Last edited by _Syed; 29th August 2019 at 04:35 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 29th August 2019, 08:35 AM
Update!
This is how his mouth looks when I open it but there is still a canker lesion which is visible in one of my pics which Iíve used an ear bud to bring it out. It resides in his throat with its tip attached to his mouth tissues. Iím starting to worry about it as it is there for a long time.
What should I do about it? Continue with the same medication?
Posted 29th August 2019, 08:49 AM
The med is working so yes.. treat him with another round.

You want to build up his immunities so he can fight the canker naturally as well.

Posted 29th August 2019, 02:26 PM
Hi Syed, i want to apolgise for all those things i said about your bird, you did a fantasic job of getting rid of the canker. and you had help from some really good pigeon people. Beachwood
Posted 30th August 2019, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygrey View Post
The med is working so yes.. treat him with another round.

You want to build up his immunities so he can fight the canker naturally as well.
Yeah I’m continuing with the meds.
Immunities? How do I do that?
Posted 30th August 2019, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwood45789 View Post
Hi Syed, i want to apolgise for all those things i said about your bird, you did a fantasic job of getting rid of the canker. and you had help from some really good pigeon people. Beachwood
Hey beachwood, please donít mention! Your mail helped me a lot too.thanks! 😊
Posted 30th August 2019, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Syed View Post
Yeah Iím continuing with the meds.
Immunities? How do I do that?
Having a good immune system that works is the same as with humans if they eat healthy and get vitamins and minerals we can fight off bugs that can make us sick.

Pigeons are like that to, canker is present in all pigeons, but it comes out as disease when they have low immunity to it and canít keep it in check.

I would start out with PRObiotics for birds.. this make it easier to absorb more nutrition from their food. Give supplements in vitamins for birds, healthy seed grain legume diet, a mineral pick stone with calcium .

You can make a pellet out of hand rearing formula and a bit of olive oil and that be your ďpeaĒ size hand feeding supplement for better nutrition.
Posted 30th August 2019, 03:05 PM
Hi Sayed, here is something to read you might have to enlarge it. http://www.slideshare.net/dacianus/r...tural-remedies click on rt. side for more info
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2019-08-30 Boost immunity, treat canker.jpg (103.9 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by beachwood45789; 30th August 2019 at 04:08 PM..
Posted 30th August 2019, 11:05 PM
Thank you both! Got an overall idea of his diet now!
Posted 31st August 2019, 01:12 AM
Hey all! Iíve 3 concerns. I do not know if they are silly.
The first one being his canker. The lump doesnít seem to go away. Iím starting to worry as it is there for a long time.
Initially I started his treatment with flagyl 400, powdered and made heaps and used to give one every day. Then it was too hectic so I decided to buy flagyl 200,I break it into 4 pieces and powder each piece and give it to him.now Iím using flagyl 200.Could the ineffectiveness be due to change in the strength? I donít think there was any change in the strength,either way I gave 50 mg.

Second concern is that, sometimes I hear some slight whistling sounds probably from his nose I guess. Does any one know what it might be? And is it something to worry about?

Third one is that, I see some very tiny yellow thing below his right nose engraved on his beak which has made the beak look slightly out of shape like it looks slightly curvy. I donít know if I could even post a picture of it because itís so tiny that it might not even be significantly seen in the picture.anyway Iíll try to post one soon.
Posted 31st August 2019, 08:30 AM
If one med for canker isnít doing the job, try another.. if you can order from a pigeon supply that would help.
Posted 31st August 2019, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygrey View Post
If one med for canker isn’t doing the job, try another.. if you can order from a pigeon supply that would help.
No,it is very difficult to get any other medicine exclusively for birds here. Can I use the same metronidazole with a different common name? Like metrogyl instead of flagyl? Will that help?Or can yu please suggest some medicines that can be easily bought from local pharmacies which even humans can use. In that way I’ll be able to get it.
Also, is there any difference between these medicines? Ridzol 400 , ornidazole and metro? Are the former 2 different in composition than metro? I could get a hand on them if you suggest.Just now checked that these are available locally.

Last edited by _Syed; 31st August 2019 at 07:47 PM..
Posted 31st August 2019, 11:53 PM
You can try and get hold of ronidazole. I've tried this before combined with metro but still think the metro was the one that worked best. I always use Meditrich by Medpet. This meds is for pigeons, so unless you have a large petshop closeby you might have problems getting hold of it. Can you post a photo? Maybe this is something else.
Posted 1st September 2019, 05:15 AM
Iíve already posted it. It doesnít show up when I just open his mouth. Iíve to use a bud to bring it out. Iíve a feeling that it is slightly changing colour. It is not white or off white rather a bit light brownish. Ronidazole is same as ridzol or ornidazole right?
Posted 4th September 2019, 07:35 PM

Debbie

Is the pigeon doing any better yet?