Farewell, Beloved Feather!! - Page 2 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Guardian Angels

Posted 22nd December 2009, 09:21 PM
I, too, am stunned and very sad that Feather is no longer with us. I very much appreciate Shi finding out about this from the little bit of sketchy information that I had. I so wish Shi had found happier news.

Rest in peace, Feather. You and Maggie are probably best pals and are looking after all our little ones who have made that journey across the Rainbow Bridge.

I have changed Feather's title to Guardian Angel.

Terry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 23rd December 2009, 02:59 AM
Such sad news. Rest in Peace Feather.

http://cottageontheseacoastloft.weebly.com/index.html
"In Solitude there is Strength, In Strength there is Spirit"
Posted 23rd December 2009, 03:49 AM
I am very shocked to hear this very sad news too. Feather was a lovely caring and witty lady who will be missed very much. It is comforting to know that she is at peace now with dear Maggie and all our feathered friends who have passed.

Posted 23rd December 2009, 04:27 AM
Oh my gosh, this is such a shock.

I remember how devastated Linda was when Maggie passed and she contacted me when she was putting some rescue stories together to send Maggie's niece in remembrance of her.

She was also so caring and is another massive loss.

I can just imagine Linda and Maggie with their arms outstretched ready to greet all our little friends as they pass over the bridge, and we have another guardian angel looking out for the sick and injured here.

Rest in peace Feather,

Janet
Posted 23rd December 2009, 05:10 AM
I know Feather will give Maggie a hug from all of us. I will miss her very much. Rest in Peace, dear friend.
Posted 23rd December 2009, 06:12 AM
Location: Antwerp Belgium, formerly Cologne, Germany, formerly San Antonio, Texas (birthplace)
I am very surprised to hear that Linda is gone, and even more to hear that Maggie is gone. I missed some posts due to some illness this past year, and a move from Cologne to Antwerp, but thought I caught most of the major news.

I will miss them both. I think of many members of Pigeon Talk as being like pigeons: you see them one day, then for a day or two or several days or a week, nothing. Then they are back.

I check on several members here every so often when I haven't seen a posting from them for a while, but when I am away for a week or so myself, I assume all is well.

My condolences to the families of the deceased, and to those members of Pigeon Talk who knew them and miss them.

Larry
Posted 23rd December 2009, 10:02 AM
I'm just heartsick to hear such terrible news. Feather was such a sweetheart, so caring and friendly to everyone. I had no idea she wasn't well and I'm just so sad over this.

The only comfort is the thought of Maggie and Linda being together with all their beloved animals.

Linda

Thank you Shi for letting us know.

***On retrospect, I cannot stop from modifying this post. As much as I comfort myself thinking hoping that Maggie and Linda are together, I still wish with all my heart and soul that these two beautiful, loving people were still here among the rest of us...........selfishly, I know.

Last edited by Lin Hansen; 23rd December 2009 at 06:51 PM..
Posted 23rd December 2009, 04:40 PM
Exclamation

After I found out through Feather that Maggie had died, I became concerned that IF something happened to any of our beloved site "family" members, HOW WOULD WE KNOW?

Many of us seem to post "alone" and if something happened, WHO would let us know?

I contacted some of my long time friends/members and we exchanged addresses and phone numbers. I had Feather's phone number but when I started calling, all I got was a busy signal! Then, a few days ago, a message said the number had been disconnected! All previous e-mails and PMs had gone unanswered!

THAT is when I PMed Terry, who, fortunately, had a contact that Feather had sent her a long time ago...you know the rest...

If you possibly can, PLEASE let someone know how to contact the site if - heaven forbid - something happens to you!

If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Many thanks

With LOVE and HUGS
Shi

I sure would rest easier and I know others would too!!
Posted 23rd December 2009, 05:42 PM
I had no idea. Now she has her wings. Rest in peace.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 23rd December 2009, 06:32 PM
Shi is absolutely right. It's not something most of us want to think about, but if you research the archives of Pigeon Talk or even other such sites, you will notice "regulars" who just stop posting at some point for no apparent reason......and you have to wonder...what happened? Jiggs is one who haunts me. He was such a nice guy with such great posts. It hurts me to think he is probably lost to us. And last we heard a couple of years ago, he was battling cancer. And I fear the worst.

Even though I am listed as a mod here, most of you will notice that I don't post too often. That doesn't mean that I don't care and that I'm not here everyday. I have advised my son quite awhile ago if something unforseen should happen to me that he should advise PT and my few other internet friends of the details.

Linda

Last edited by Lin Hansen; 23rd December 2009 at 06:37 PM..
Posted 23rd December 2009, 09:08 PM
I am shocked and so saddened to hear this terrible news. What an enormous loss to the world.

Talk to me,
Coo to me,
Bow to me,
Listen to me.
And I'll teach you
To fly with me
And I will love you
Like no other....

http://picasaweb.google.com/awrats3333

21 Amazing Facts You Might Not Know About Pigeons!
Posted 23rd December 2009, 09:53 PM
I think it's a good idea to tell a family how to get in contact with the members here to let everyone know what has happened to you. I made my family aware that if something happened to me to everyone know. I have my computer set up for my to get on my computer and go to my favorites and click the link and it will take them here to PT. A good friend of mine and I had it set up with our families to get in contact with us if something happened to one of us and the good was I was contacted by my friends son, the sad part was my friend had pasted away so I was able to let everyone know on the board of her passing.

I know I'm guilty of being off for a long time, but that was due to personal problems in my life.
Posted 24th December 2009, 04:13 PM
I'm shocked and so sad to hear about Feather. I actually hadn't heard about Maggie, until now. (I'm not on too often anymore due to being overwhelmed w/rescues.) I read this the other day and felt like I was punched in the stomach and just shocked...too much, too sad...had to wait to post.

I don't know what happened to either of these two caring, helpful souls, but I pray they are together now, and feeling good, and with all their furry and feathered babies that have passed.

They should only know how many lives they have both touched. I send their families my deepest sympathy.
Posted 24th December 2009, 06:00 PM
I just found out a couple of hours ago about Feather. What a beautiful heart she had. As many of you have expressed, I, too, hope that she and Maggie are reunited with flocks of the birds that have gone before at their sides. My condolences to her family and friends. Both Feather and Maggie leave a place in PT that cannot be filled except by their memory. Rest in Peace lovely lady.

Margaret
Posted 30th December 2009, 03:08 PM
I am deeply saddened by this news. Feather had won everyone's friendship and admiration and she will be sorely missed.
My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Tags
death, guardian angel