Farewell, Beloved Feather!! - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Guardian Angels

Posted 2nd January 2010, 12:07 AM

Good bye dear Feather

I just found out today, this New Years Day, of our beloved Feather. I knew that she had not posted in a while, but I know that I am very busy with my family and my jobs and sometimes do not vist and post as often as I used to, so I assumed Feather was just having a busy year. I had also noticed that she had not sent Bev or I any of her refreshing and inspiational e-mails in recent months. I was thinking about her tonight,so I started reading "Tooter Missing in action" thread because that is where I "met" Feather. I found a post and noticed "Guardian Angel" under her name and I froze. I had a difficult time accepting this until I found Shi's post of her passing. I too believe she is with Maggie, as they were both so very fond of one another. Feather (Linda Escalante) was a very caring but yet funny lady and I loved her contribution to Pigeon Talk immensly.Now I have two wonderful ladies to think about every time I see a pigeon.

TOOTERVILLE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 2nd January 2010, 09:41 AM
I am deeply shocked and saddened by this news.

I did know that Linda was a very special friend to our dear Lord, and it was Maggie that told me to pray for Feather long ago, but she gave me no further information, as she would be betraying a confidence.

I agree that we have two very powerful advocates for our creatures (feathered and other) in Heaven, and they will also continue to look out for our birds when they pass into Paradise.

My condolensces go out to her family, and to any other loved creature she may have left behind, as I know she will be soroly missed. I know I will miss her here on the forum, and now there is another empty space that will not be filled.

May you rest in the abundance of God's peace and love.

Posted 7th January 2010, 09:13 PM
I didn't see this until now. I always appreciated Feather's posts; she will be greatly missed by all. Rest in peace, dear Linda, and my condolences to her family.

Posted 7th January 2010, 10:21 PM

Beloved Feather

Shocked, saddened, and feeling robbed of a lovely friend and lady, with a beautiful way with words (I am part Cree Indian and she had a true "real people's of the land" way of speaking, poetic, expressive, yet simple and powerful). My condolences to her family, which will include all of us, here at Pigeon-Talk. As others have said, I also will always cherish her words when Victor's Tooter went missing. After reading it, hers and Victor's and all the other friend's comments, I cried all afternoon. She sleeps in peace, and lives in our memories. Our love for her lives on.
Posted 28th January 2010, 04:24 AM
I just learned of Linda's passing She will be (and has been) greatly missed by many - she and Maggie were some of the first members I got to know here on PT. Such glorious souls -- I know they are watching over us and continuing their good works in Heaven. Rest in pain free peace Linda and know that whenever I lift my face to the sky and smile at the sun - I'm smiling at you.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dezirrae/
Posted 29th January 2010, 08:10 AM
Sorry to hear about Feather. May her lovely soul rest in peace. Condolences to her family.

FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS TO THE BEAST HAPPENS TO THE MAN
Posted 30th January 2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trees Gray View Post
...........I did know that Linda was a very special friend to our dear Lord...........
I, too am shocked and saddened by this news It does give comfort to know that she is a friend of our Lord, that she lives on with Him in eternity, even though she is surely missed by all who knew her, a delightful soul.

Shi, I think that is an excellent idea for all of us to give forum info to family and/or our phone number to a PT member. And not just for those of us who are battling cancer or the like, but because it is true that no one on earth knows when our last breath will be drawn.

Best wishes,
Carol

Last edited by JoyfulSongTree; 1st February 2010 at 05:51 AM..
Posted 1st February 2010, 12:55 PM
What a shock this was...I couldn't figure out why she hadn't posted back to me...and now I know....I am so sad...but I know they are up in heaven and yes they are sitting there with all of our creatures that have passed on and they will greet us once again.

Tags
death, guardian angel