Feralpigeon Has Joined Our Other Guardian Angels - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Guardian Angels

Posted 24th June 2016, 10:11 PM

Feralpigeon Has Joined Our Other Guardian Angels

Our member, feralpigeon, recently lost her battle with cancer and has gone to join our other Guardian Angels. Feralpigeon's name was Nancy, and she was an amazing, skilled, and knowledgeable pigeon rescuer and rehabber in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Feralpigeon joined Pigeon-Talk on February 13, 2005 and was last active here on June 19, 2015 which was around the time that she was becoming so very ill.

She has 6,864 posts here on Pigeon-Talk. Most of them in the Sick/Injured Forum. If you are a newer member here and truly interested in learning about pigeon illnesses and injuries and how to treat them, I would encourage you to go read Nancy's old posts.

You are missed, Nancy. Fly free now with your beloved pigeons and DeeDee especially.

Terry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 25th June 2016, 10:23 AM
I didn't even know she was sick. I am so sorry to hear that.

She was one of my favorite members and she was very skilled/knowledgeable in pigeon rehab and spent a lot of time helping those with sick and/or injured birds.

Rest in Peace, Nancy. You are missed.

Posted 25th June 2016, 12:40 PM
Very sorry to hear of the loss of Nancy.

Posted 25th June 2016, 02:40 PM
Very sad to lose someone so caring.
Rest peacefully Nancy. x
Posted 8th July 2016, 10:53 PM
So sorry to hear and such talent and love of pigeons. RIP..my forum friend...
Posted 9th July 2016, 11:13 AM
I never knew her but this is so sad to hear. My thoughts are with her family

Posted 10th July 2016, 12:38 AM
I am crying for her. I knew she was sick with cancer . We were in touch through PMs when she told me her surgery sites hurt a lot and she had to go through some tests because of post surgical issues and I said I will pray for her. Then I received no messages from her and I sent her many messages asking about how she is. I thought to post about her here so may be someone knows her here personally but since she asked me to not tell anyone about her being sick with cancer, I deleted my post even after typing.
I am very sad for her, will always miss seeing her messages in my inbox. She guided me many times whenever I asked for her help either for me or any other poster.
I miss you a lot my friend and I can't ever forget you in my life. I am so sorry you had a tough time with your surgeries and Cancer. I am so sorry this life troubled you a lot. I will always miss you fp as I always called you. I never knew your last surgery failed too. Wish I had never known you are no more so I always would have a hope, you will come back and I will read your words. I miss you so much my friend and can't forget the time we would talk and I would ask you to sleep when it was late night and you would tell that your surgery sites hurt and don't let you sleep. I am so sorry you had to bear this much pain which didn't let you sleep in peace. I am so sorry for you. Miss you fp, my friend and my guide, miss you a lot.
1)when you go to a vet, tell him/her that the bird is ALWAYS your pet, (unless you know the vet and know they will not euthanize) 2)You STAY with the bird, even while they are taking samples for tests or whatever 3) You NEVER walk away and leave the bird with vet. Else... they may just Euthanize it.

Last edited by kiddy; 10th July 2016 at 04:41 AM..
Posted 10th July 2016, 06:54 AM
So sorry to hear this. I got alot of help and knowledge from her when I first joined.

http://cottageontheseacoastloft.weebly.com/index.html
"In Solitude there is Strength, In Strength there is Spirit"
Posted 25th October 2018, 03:46 PM
Nancy gifted our Besksley to us in about 2006. He is still a member of our family. I lost contact with Feralpigeon several years ago. I am sorry she lost her battle. She was a remarkable lady.

TOOTERVILLE

Tags
feralpigeon