Our Teacher, Our Friend, Our Maggie - Page 3 - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Pigeon Daily > Guardian Angels

Posted 11th July 2009, 05:09 AM
what sad news,,deepest condolonces to maggies family and friends at this sad time
Advertisement

Posted 11th July 2009, 06:04 AM
Very sad that Maggie has passed away. Not only will she missed by people, but the many birds and animals that she has helped will miss her also. Very sad, mindy
Posted 11th July 2009, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAWhatley View Post
As many of you know, my FanTastic was one of Maggie's favorite birds here on Pigeon-Talk. As it turns out, FanTastic had accepted Moxie's racer as her mate some time ago. Today, they have egg #1. I was going to wait for egg #2 and then replace them with fakes. Now should the pigeon gods be willing, FanTastic and Mr. Moxie will have babies in a few weeks, and I will name them after Maggie. I think Maggie would like that
Terry
That is a great idea, Terry, DO keep us updated....and thanks!

Posted 11th July 2009, 09:55 AM

My personal tribute to you, Maggie . . .

You will be missed . . . But never forgotten

http://www.pigeonangels.com

As we fly,
Let us be safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Let us find safety where we are welcome to stay.

Cynthia Boyce
Posted 11th July 2009, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAWhatley View Post
As many of you know, my FanTastic was one of Maggie's favorite birds here on Pigeon-Talk. As it turns out, FanTastic had accepted Moxie's racer as her mate some time ago. Today, they have egg #1. I was going to wait for egg #2 and then replace them with fakes. Now should the pigeon gods be willing, FanTastic and Mr. Moxie will have babies in a few weeks, and I will name them after Maggie. I think Maggie would like that

Terry
I can't think of anything that would make Maggie any happier and prouder. Man, I still can't wrap my mind around this happening...........
Posted 11th July 2009, 01:57 PM
Cynthia, that was a beautiful tribute.

Renee, I can't quite grasp this happening neither. I just can not get her leaving us out of my mind.

TOOTERVILLE
Posted 11th July 2009, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Cynthia, that was a beautiful tribute.

Renee, I can't quite grasp this happening neither. I just can not get her leaving us out of my mind.
Renee and Victor,

I'm feeling the same way. Maggie being gone keeps entering my thoughts.

Margaret
Posted 11th July 2009, 03:51 PM
Maggie's just gone to where she was most needed. Must be pigeons and other little'uns that cross that bridge , that needed her loving, tender touch very much.
Daryl
Posted 11th July 2009, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Me either--
I have to say, I broke down in tears yesterday... reading through all the comments. I find myself pausing often to close my eyes and whisper to someone whom I never got the chance to meet personally. But who always had a kind word to say or piece of advice that made me smile.

I lit a candle (what a lovely site).... and said a prayer...I stink at saying goodbye... but I do know that it's never really forever .... She would be most proud of being honored with all of the kind words that have been said by ALL of you.

Until we meet again ......... sweet Maggie... Soar amongst the winds of the world!

One of my Favorite Quotes: You cannot do a kindness too soon~for you never know how soon it will be too late."

Last edited by FloridaLuv; 11th July 2009 at 06:30 PM..
Posted 11th July 2009, 06:18 PM
It is comforting to go through this thread and see all that everyone has written, so many beautiful things. It is strange to "know" someone so well when you have never actually met. But I know we all feel like we have lost a close friend. We are like a family here and Maggie was such a big part of us!! It really is hard to accept and wrap the mind around. I too have two new oops babies born on the sixth (the day Maggie passed) and I decided yesterday to call them Maggie and Magpie. Soon we PTers will have a whole flock of feathered Maggies in remembrance.

I also cannot shake the feeling that now my precious Bernadette has a loving knee to sit on, and I know all of our babies that have passed on are flocking around Maggie in heaven, and who better to love them until we meet them all again.

Talk to me,
Coo to me,
Bow to me,
Listen to me.
And I'll teach you
To fly with me
And I will love you
Like no other....

http://picasaweb.google.com/awrats3333

21 Amazing Facts You Might Not Know About Pigeons!
Posted 11th July 2009, 06:21 PM
What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'

Maggie will be missed by so many. But at least this answers a long time question. We all now KNOW that there ARE animals in heaven, or she wouldn't have gone. Rest in peace Maggie.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass........It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posted 11th July 2009, 08:38 PM
I myself can't believe it. I thought initially it is about a pigeon named Maggie until the reality sat in. It was like that can't be until I clicked the link. Maggie, we all miss you. May you watch us here in Pigeon-Talk.

"I like to believe in people."
Jonathan Kent, Smallville
Posted 11th July 2009, 08:53 PM
Dearest Friends,

Pershaps this message from Maggie's sweet niece will help us sort through our grief.

Dear Linda, My Aunt had a brain aneurysm one evening and so they sent her to surgery. The testing afterward showed no brain function . After getting in touch with everybody her husband Lewis had the life support discontinued. She had no idea what happened to her. Our family was so amazed at the out pouring from the online community for Betty. I have thought about taking letters from our family and her friends and putting together a book for Lewis. He is and always has been such a good guy and they loved each other very much. I remember so well the day they got married and that was over 50 years ago. If someone else would like this info on Betty feel free to let them know. I hope you are doing OK and I am so glad that Betty and you were there for each other.

Cindy, your poem is heartfelt and beautiful.

I hope some of the questions that we have all been pondering were answered this evening

Last edited by Feather; 11th July 2009 at 09:49 PM..
Posted 11th July 2009, 09:05 PM
I find it so difficult to grasp what has happened to our dear Maggie. She was always here for all of us.........not just for advice with the birds, but as a true concerned and caring friend to all. When I was going through a very difficult time earlier this year, Maggie would send me private messages of encouragement. She was so very, very dear to me. I cannot express how saddened I am. I have read all of the posts over and over and it is so obvious how truly special this lady was. She will be so very missed by us all.

Rest in Peace dear Maggie............Fly high with the Angels and all our feathered loved ones that I am sure were there to greet you at the Rainbow Bridge.
Posted 11th July 2009, 09:36 PM
THANK YOU, FEATHER, for posting the loving informative note from Maggie's niece. I know you thanked her for us. At least we have some closure of what happened. Unfortunately, sadness and grief are still with us.

Cindy, that was a magnificnet tribute! I can see Maggie greeting new birdie and animals arrivals over the Rainbow Bridge. Her work is never done and she is absolutely perfect as the welcome greeter!

There are going to be a LOT of pigeons named Maggie! The pigeon my friend found in her backyard and brought over to me is so named.

Linking with ALL my family site members to pay tribute to our beloved Maggie we will always remember.

Sending Love and Hugs to Maggie's family members and especially, Lewis. My heart goes out to him at this sad time.

Shi

Tags
guardian angel