Found AGSG pigeon "Pete" Rosemount, Minnesota - Pigeon-Talk
Pigeon-Talk  
Go Back   Pigeon-Talk > Archives > Archive - AGSG / Pigeon King Birds

The Di
Posted 15th June 2009, 09:11 PM

Found AGSG pigeon "Pete" Rosemount, Minnesota

Pete has been hanging around our home for about 4 weeks. Likes the rain gutter right beside the front door. Looks like a holstein. Whitish head with black specks and black body with white blotches. He walks right up to the front door and looks in. I finally got him in a large cage but need to find a home for him. Too many cats for comfort of a bird. I caught him because I finally found a wildlife rescue organization in Roseville, Mn. However, now that I've seen his band and read about the AGSG birds' plight I'm wondering if that is the best alternative or should I try to find a home for it instead. I read that they are trying to eliminate wild pigeons in the Twin Cities and would not want him to meet such an end.
Di
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posted 15th June 2009, 09:31 PM
It's best you hand on to him and try to find a home through this site.
it would be helpful if you would post a picture.
I know I don't need to tell you that this bird has been through one heck of a lot. He is deserving of a safe place to live out his life.

If all the beasts were
gone, men would die
from great loneliness of
spirit, for whatever
happens to the beasts
also happens to the man.
Seattle 1736-1866

Another Life, Gone To The Birds!

DO NO HARM

Member, International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
Posted 18th June 2009, 09:51 PM

we had the same situation

Hello -
We had an AGSG pigeon take up residence on our front steps (near Stillwater, MN)- and he/she is now a part of the family. We figure he was an escapee from the nearby game farm. We have him in a guinea pig cage inside the house until we find something better. Our cats have not terrorized him as I feared they would, they actually seem quite disinterested now.

He is a very quiet little sweetie who attentively watches me type on this computer most every night.

We are really glad we kept him. But if that would not work out for you and if you are interested, I would like to know more about him/her. We are interested in finding a friend for our little buddy.

Best,
Mominator / Cheryl

Posted 19th June 2009, 05:43 AM
Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for posting. I appreciate you giving this pigeons such a wonderful home. I sure hope the author of this thread will register and can help you out with the bird they have that needs a home, who knows....those two birds might even be friends already.

Thank you also, for offering a home for this other lost AGSG bird.

Posted 20th June 2009, 01:57 PM
Absolutely!

If this bird does not work out, we really would like a friend for our friend. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Posted 24th July 2009, 08:19 AM
I'm coming down to the Twin Cities in August... if you still haven't found a home for him, I'm staying at Augsburg College for the week of August 8-15. I'd love to add a few AGSG birds to my homer flock.
Posted 9th September 2009, 06:02 PM

new home

I'll give the bird a new home if that is what you want to do. Call me if you have any questions 651-774-4799.
Tom
Posted 9th September 2009, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mominator View Post
Absolutely!

If this bird does not work out, we really would like a friend for our friend. Any ideas?

Thanks!

If this does not work out.... you can look here : www.rescuereport.org

Also, members Reti and MaryJane both have birds they need to find homes for... you could always PM them as well!

BEST of luck to this sweet Bird.... He really does deserve a Castle/ with a chef!!!

One of my Favorite Quotes: You cannot do a kindness too soon~for you never know how soon it will be too late."