Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Race 1- 100m, 469Birds---160th combine
Race 2- 100m, 556Birds---81st combine
Race 3- 150m, 624Birds---3,4,5 club and 7th,10th combine
Race 4- 150m, 548Birds---1st,3,4,5 club and 7th,10th combine:)

I cant complain for my first year!!!
IMHO, for the most part, just getting the birds home should be considered a success. In our Combine of 130+ members, many old time "experts" never make it to the 1st race, or last more then a few races. In our club, this will be the 1st time in ten years that one of our member's will make it to shipping night, so for a decade, he crashed and burned before the 1st race.

So with the numbers you are showing, you should feel real good about your progress !! :)

So good luck in the rest of the series, right now you might be the top rookie !!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Here are my YB race results so far this year :)

Race 1 - 100m, 476 birds--- 8th club 49th combine
Race 2 - 150m, 431 birds--- 1st club 5th combine

Its also my first year ever racing
Those results are from the same bird AU 09 CAP 1097

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Im doing my best! I owe it all to
http://www.propigeonloft.com/:cool:

IMHO, for the most part, just getting the birds home should be considered a success. In our Combine of 130+ members, many old time "experts" never make it to the 1st race, or last more then a few races. In our club, this will be the 1st time in ten years that one of our member's will make it to shipping night, so for a decade, he crashed and burned before the 1st race.

So with the numbers you are showing, you should feel real good about your progress !! :)

So good luck in the rest of the series, right now you might be the top rookie !!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Warren sounds like my Dad on considering it to be a success for them just to come home :D Last YB and OB season our race team was real small, (under 10 pigeons) we decided to race anyway and am really happy we did. Now I have heard some of the older members in our club coment how one needs to have so many birds to make it through the season, and if they dont have the number of birds they want to compete they will stop racing and save them for next year...racing only a few birds allowed us to pay better attention to what was going and getting to know the few we had better, for us overall it was a very valuable and rewarding experience.

Also very good job for your first season or races, ours started alot differently....so be sure to enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
To SmithFamilyLoft:

Is there a race going on? My friend found a "Garye" type pigeon in Billerica, Massachusetts. (Imagine my shock when I saw it looked so much like my Garye!) The number is IF 2009, 967, ITC (possibly), pink band. We found a place to bury it on some conservation land in town so it hopefully will be able to rest in peace. I looked up on the IF pigeon website and it looks like there was a race that started Sept 4th from PA (your state! I think) and I think this bird may have been in it.

She contacted the President through email but she's not sure if it will get through so that the club can locate the owner to let him or her know what happened to the bird.

G

·
Is there a race going on? My friend found a "Garye" type pigeon in Billerica, Massachusetts. (Imagine my shock when I saw it looked so much like my Garye!) The number is IF 2009, 967, ITC (possibly), pink band. We found a place to bury it on some conservation land in town so it hopefully will be able to rest in peace. I looked up on the IF pigeon website and it looks like there was a race that started Sept 4th from PA (your state! I think) and I think this bird may have been in it.

She contacted the President through email but she's not sure if it will get through so that the club can locate the owner to let him or her know what happened to the bird.
just wanted you to know there are alot of races going on right now so be prepared to see more lost birds ,hopfully live ones next time and the one you came across was from :
ITC Islip Terrace Club
Ray Quaglio 4 Kara Ct. Yaphank, NY 11980-
(631)345-0970

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
race 6

Race 1- 100m, 469Birds---160th combine
Race 2- 100m, 556Birds---81st combine
Race 3- 150m, 624Birds---3,4,5 club and 7th,10th combine
Race 4- 150m, 548Birds---1st,3,4,5 club and 7th,10th combine:)

I cant complain for my first year!!!

Race 6- 200m, 300Birds---7th,8,10 club and 14, 16, 18 combine 5 birds in the top 10%. Very tough race with bad weather.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts

Sorry I missed this. Our Combine the UPC (United Pigeon Combine) started September 5th. The "ITC" could be researched, but it is not from our combine.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I think too many guys raise too many young birds and over crowd their lofts. Some even say that the birds will start performing better when the numbers come down and the birds are less crowded and stressed. Some guys win every year with the race minimum number of birds. In our club in ABQ Vern my mentor sent down 10 birds. He has had three top 10 finishes in two races against 350 birds flying out of two lofts. ACE sent down 10 birds and had 4 in the top 10% this week. I would much rather race 10 top birds than 100 average birds.

Randy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts