Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.. I just joined in order to ask this question because I’m super worried about my squab.

It’s about 1 week old and when I fed it this morning and cleaned out its paper towels at 7am (about 40 mins ago) I immediately noticed that it’s droppings smelled like cinnamon. It was a really good smell actually haha it wasn’t anything sour or foul but definitely not ordinary, this bird’s poops never smelled like anything before. It’s behaving regularly (screaming and fluttering for its beloved feed tube) and it’s droppings had no different color or consistency than they normally did before (brown to dark brown, not too runny). I’ve been feeding it with Kaytee Exact formula.

What do you guys think? Does this sound like a yeast infection or something else serious? Can that be treated at home or do I need to get medication from the vet, etc.? Or would taking it to the vet be a bit of an overreaction for this one? Thank you for any answers, I hope my bird is okay :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I wanted to thank you for the response. I totally thought I'd responded back but apparently I hadn't! My bird's crop and droppings ended up being just fine haha. I think what happened was it's poop dried on a stuffy I put in there with my bird to keep it company and it ended up smelling like cinnamon.. haha, super weird thing but my bird is all healthy and good so that's all I care about!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts