Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello My name is James I live in Kooskia Idaho. I am 12 years old.

I have raised wight homers for 2 years now I started with 3 breeding pair and now have over 30. I would like to add some new blood to my flock. I do not care what if they are not wight. would love to try some different breeds. I do not have a lot of money times are hard for a 12 year olds these days. :( My parents think I should have to work for money instead of getting an allowance. :( I will gladly pay for shipping and box and for the birds if you would make me a deal. My father will not let me accept any thing for free so I do have to pay you something for your birds.

Thank you for your time.

James

[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would me a lot cheaper if you find someone loca cause its gonna cost you 50 or more depending on how many birds .
Thank for the sugestion but we live in a small logging town not many pigeon people around hear. If any one knows of someone rasing pigeons in Idaho please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thank you verry much that will give me some time to finnish up my other coop. If you email me I will get you address and what not.
Thanks agian.
James

·
Registered
178 Posts
im 11 and iv been breeding pigeons for 1 year now but i own white,brown,grey and black tumblers and homers, but you already own homers

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I'm sure I'll have some racing culls for you in October if you want to wait that long, they'll be like 6+ months old and ready to breed probably.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi James,
Hey I saw on the Rare Breeds Pigeon Club site a list of breeders and saw that there was Jim Blevins in Orofino....that would be really really close to you! It said he has several really unusual breeds. I did not find him in the phone listings online. You could maybe try calling the feed stores in Orofino and see if they know him, or a vet or maybe farm supply store or even a local cafe hangout in Orofino. Possibly he might go to Lewiston to feed stores and vet, and if so that would be way harder to find him by asking around since Lewiston is so much bigger. Another way to get pigeons is to go to the county fairs near you and write down the people's names that have pigeons in the poultry tent at the fairs, then try to fiind them. or wait and talk to them if you happen to see them setting up or feeding their birds, etc.

OH, I just looked on the Lewiston Craigslist and found this ad from Aug 17:we have 2 male and 6 female peacocks 200 for all or 35 each several doves and pigeons 5 each or we can do a bundleprice u can call for more information...208-435-4270 or 208- 435-4242
Shipping is a major expense so good luck trying my local ideas!
--Pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts