Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

As I was going through all of my stuff getting ready for the final move next month I came acress some papers from the one and only money race I had sent birds to back in 1996. At the time I just picked out one race that sounded good to me. It was the 8th. Annual Gulfcost Classic Race. I sent six birds and had two come in the money and one came in two birds out of the money. The two that got my entry fee back for me came in 37th and 52nd. place. I do not remember how many birds made it to the race but the form says payout based on 2000 bird entry. I was happy then with those placements. I just had to share this. Until I saw these forms I had no idea I had flown in the Gulfcoast Classic before.

Now I'm hoping to bump it up a notch.

We will see,

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is another fun fact from back in the day. Of six birds sent to the race two were lost and one replacement was sent. Of the five birds flown they were flown in four different lofts. Mybe some of you will know these names? These five birds were flown by Bill Dupke, Steve McNeal, Ali Dominic and Phil Bolmhalf.

Do any of you know of these flyers?

Ace

·
Registered
245 Posts
ace in the hole,

Phil Bomholf has been a long time successful flyer before "going south", he has good birds and records. You were lucky to have him handle for you!

Ralph

1 - 3 of 3 Posts