Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend gave me a racing pigeon about a month ago and its a male so i put it on a 3x2x2feet nesting box where im planning to put my breeders since my loft is already full. Just yesterday a fellow fancier gave me another racing pigeon and a very good one so i got it even though its another male. I put the new bird together with the 1 month old bird on the same nesting box but the earlier bird given to me a month ago is so dominant it kept on chasing and pecking the new male bird?what do you think should i do?put a hen inside the nest with two males in it?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
My friend gave me a racing pigeon about a month ago and its a male so i put it on a 3x2x2feet nesting box where im planning to put my breeders since my loft is already full. Just yesterday a fellow fancier gave me another racing pigeon and a very good one so i got it even though its another male. I put the new bird together with the 1 month old bird on the same nesting box but the earlier bird given to me a month ago is so dominant it kept on chasing and pecking the new male bird?what do you think should i do?put a hen inside the nest with two males in it?
Iam going to try to be nice here... ok.. where to begin?.. there should only be a pair in a nest box..not three birds and two are cocks.. what are trying to do start a cock fight?.. if you do not have the room for more birds DO NOT GET ANYMORE... find a place for these poor birds before someone is injured the stress alone must be hard for them.. what your doing is cruel IMO.. just hope you just do not know better.

·
Registered
967 Posts
cock fights, I use to go to those all the time

·
Registered
967 Posts
Well my Dad fought roosters all of my childhood and I just thought it was so cool but now looking back as an adult, i think it was so mean and wrong. Glad it was band in Louisisna

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iam going to try to be nice here... ok.. where to begin?.. there should only be a pair in a nest box..not three birds and two are cocks.. what are trying to do start a cock fight?.. if you do not have the room for more birds DO NOT GET ANYMORE... find a place for these poor birds before someone is injured the stress alone must be hard for them.. what your doing is cruel IMO.. just hope you just do not know better.
already made another nest for the new cock..two cocks no more hens LOL...Im trying to make my hen have two mates hahahaha

·
Registered
704 Posts
already made another nest for the new cock..two cocks no more hens LOL...Im trying to make my hen have two mates hahahaha
yep 2 cocks 1 hen no does not work as well as 2 hens 1 cock in===in general don't do polygamy breeding:D:cool:

·
Registered
704 Posts
i was at an accident cock fight before it was a rooater who met another rosster it natural but wrong

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep 2 cocks 1 hen no does not work as well as 2 hens 1 cock in===in general don't do polygamy breeding:D:cool:

ahahah i already done it before..two cocks had the same hen..i only switch the hens mate when the birds youngsters can eat all by theme selves hehe and it was good for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts