Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A male pigeon is gonna be arriving at my house soon, and I plan on getting a female in the next month. I do not want them breeding or becoming bonded/a couple. Aside from keeping their cages in separate rooms and limiting them seeing one another, how should I go about this?

· Super Moderator
8,528 Posts
Why don't you want them to? They will probably hear each other. A single pigeon is a lonely pigeon. You can get fake eggs to swop with the real eggs after they get laid. That way there won't be any babies.

· Registered
257 Posts
Why don't you want them to? They will probably hear each other. A single pigeon is a lonely pigeon. You can get fake eggs to swop with the real eggs after they get laid. That way there won't be any babies.
There is no way to keep them clueless from each other existence. They will be able to hear each other and smell each other. Pigeons are also very social animals. Why have two frustrated sad birds, let them bod and be happy, and if they lay eggs just replace them right away with artificial pigeon eggs and swap them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts