Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here handling birds for the 2009 AU Convention? If so, how are they doing? Some of my club members sent birds to the race, and we're just curious to see the progress.

·
Registered
628 Posts
We got a call from the AU race committee in Boston 2 days ago telling us they lost one of the birds. Guess the handler who had that one wasn't doing much and pretty much lost all the birds in the loft. They are giving everyone an opportunity to replace them and re-placing them with someone else. From my understanding no one will call and update you unless they lose your birds. I do however talk to my designated handler every couple of weeks and he lets me know how his training, moulting, and other things are going. Nice handler I got this year. Not only is he a great flyer but he's a nice guy too!!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Anyone heard from their handlers how your birds did? Our handler called us yesterday and told us 3 of our 4 birds should be in the prizes :D Still waiting for the final results to be posted. 2400 birds were sent in for this race and only 1057 (44%) made the race. There were 298 day birds (28% from race 12.4% from total entered) reported out of 76 lofts and some lofts had a no report!!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Anyone heard from their handlers how your birds did? Our handler called us yesterday and told us 3 of our 4 birds should be in the prizes :D Still waiting for the final results to be posted. 2400 birds were sent in for this race and only 1057 (44%) made the race. There were 298 day birds (28% from race 12.4% from total entered) reported out of 76 lofts and some lofts had a no report!!

Those numbers suck big time. :(

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yea one of our club members scored in the money. tis was a bad race as far as our birds go lOL. maybe next year. One of our buddies took 4th. they do pretty darn good any race their in.

Congrats to the winners!!!!

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Congradulations !!!!

I heard of your impressive wins through the pigeon grapevine, but I had missed this post. Now, are you ready to step up to the Majors and try some of these birds in some One Loft event in 2010 ?! Just let me know which one you will be in, because I don't want you whipping me in public !! :p

·
Registered
628 Posts
Warren, Thanks for the congrats, it means alot coming from the guy who helped me get there. Let me know what one loft events you recommend as we will be sending birds out to these events next year.
ps. We have been so busy I didnt have a chance to get 919 & 903 out to you.
Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts